Spigot Vivaldi — The Four Seasons Plugin 1.0.0

Immersive seasons plugin with own resource pack and interesting gameplay features!

1. Hey, I've just implemented that feature.

2. O
    Thank you! So "" means it'll disable it?

3. Yep. Just do it like that:
    [​IMG]

4. Hey just wanted to report, I got a little clever with my biome hooks and im attempting to integrate Vivaldi However there is a current issue. My test world im using is called 'Clone'. When I change the line in the config from default to Clone or clone it doesnt show any effect. Default works on my main world which im retiring. Is there something im doing wrong?

I know im not using an alias for this world since I had named it specifically clone when creating it with multiverse.

5. NoLogic updated Vivaldi with a new update entry:

[0.9] Performance Update #2

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Can you download the new version and test it again, please?

7. Does Vivaldi change biome types? I've gotten several reports of players getting diseases (disease plugin) from biomes they're not in, and the debug menu also shows this. Such as biome being a jungle when they're in a spruce biome.

8. Vivaldi not just change the biome types, Vivaldi exists because of this. So my plugin breaks/corrupt all other plugins logic of which is based on minecraft biomes, just like Disease. However, I can try to patch it and add some compatibility, but only after 1.0 update.

9. Thanks for the quick response NL, I'll be looking forward to then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seems to be working now thanks!

So the way I got around the biomes is I used your blacklist function to remove rivers and certain biomes from the changes!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have one more small request, my friend. Could you see how your server will work on different performance presets, which was added in 0.9 update? Unfortunately, I have no opportunity to test this myself, because I simply don't have a real server, hehe.

12. Yeah Ill give it a try tomorrow probably. I also might be a little biased because I have at the moment 5 worlds running (4 are tests 1 is the actual world) So you got some server usage on maintaining all that. But yeah Ill attempt to see the variations of performance hits. Maybe with some players too.

13. I would like a possibility of configuring which season gets set to which biome for example in config make autumn be BIRCH_FOREST instead of it being hardcoded.

#133 Ken7V, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. NoLogic updated Vivaldi — The Four Seasons Plugin with a new update entry:

[1.0.0] Release Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Hi,
    I just wanted to say this is in my top 5 favourite plugins of all time. I'm interested to see what the update is like! I run a roleplay server, and this + realistic water + wind = Immersion 100 haha! I also have tried to use Craftbook's snow drift mechanic for making snow pileup. It works on corners /places with uneven ground which is sweet, so I can report Craftbook as a relative success here, otherwise it doesn't pile snow on flat ground - I think that might be from how Craftbook recognizes the snow from this plugin, something more on their end and not yours I think :p I also have dabbled in using this with that seasons effects plugin and my players enjoy the combo tremendously, as they craved actual world depth which this plugins flavours in effortlessly. Thank you for the amazing work my friend and you've made a server of D&D nerds extremely happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Floristics doesn't work w/ custom biomes.
    Code (Java):
    [09:00:34] [Server thread/WARN]: [Floristics] Task #177 for Floristics v2.5.1 generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.bukkit.block.Biome.ordinal()" because "biome" is null
        at land.jay.floristics.growers.DefaultBiomeGrower.get(DefaultBiomeGrower.java:380) ~[?:?]
        at land.jay.floristics.growers.DefaultBiomeGrower.handleGrowth(DefaultBiomeGrower.java:374) ~[?:?]
        at land.jay.floristics.Floristics.growCycle(Floristics.java:115) ~[?:?]
        at land.jay.floristics.Floristics.lambda$0(Floristics.java:99) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:99) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-908]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:468) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-908]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:1371) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-908]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:387) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-908]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:1284) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-908]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:1010) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-908]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:180) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-908]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?]

17. The release version is excellent, this is probably my favourite spigot plugin now.. i don't think I can play without it. Spotted 1 minor bug in the release, which is that snow doesn't thaw under trees, and under objects such as banners and trapdoors attached to exterior walls. (I think it's put there by OptiFine's "Better Snow" setting, but not certain, it's just 1 layer thick). Easy enough to fix by disabling BetterSnow but some people might not know. Would it also be possible to kill snowmen & snowfoxes when snow thaws, maybe just through /kill command maybe. I also noticed snow layer spawns on decorative grass.

#137 Ns5x, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  18. Hello! We have found two issues with this plugin ( everything else works great though :D ):

- So when the server biome changes between different seasons, there always remains patches of the previous biomes all around the server.
    As an example
    , when it becomes spring, patches of the winter biome remains all around the server ( they aren't very large most of the time, but some as ). They also come in many shapes, mostly rectangles and squares.

- In winter, when it snows, the snow is actually layering above each other ( I don't mean vanilla layering ). I mean snow being placed, a block above it, a snow layer, and another block above it, another snow layer.

I really hope you fix them!

And this is a suggestion that could be a massive help:

- The ability to set areas to have different seasons patterns in the same world.
    For example, the ability to make it so area x only has summer and spring.
    Area y has all 4 seasons but in winter, it does not snow.
    The desert has our own custom seasons set.

Thank you!

19. I get this error on startup:
    [14:17:54] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling Vivaldi v1.0.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at me.nologic.vivaldi.core.chunk.ChunkManager.<init>(ChunkManager.java:42) ~[?:?]
    at me.nologic.vivaldi.Vivaldi.init(Vivaldi.java:52) ~[?:?]
    at me.nologic.vivaldi.Vivaldi.onEnable(Vivaldi.java:38) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:380) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:483) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:501) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:415) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.loadWorld(MinecraftServer.java:471) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:249) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:942) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:180) ~[patched_1.16.4.jar:git-Purpur-906]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
    [14:17:54] [Server thread/INFO]: [Vivaldi] Disabling Vivaldi v1.0.0

20. Hello! It's a great plugin, i like the immersion also with the ability to only pick flowers on spring and mushrooms in the autumn etc. However, is ther anyway to revert the biome changes if i disable this plugin? My world seems to be stuck in whatever "season" there was when i disabled Vivaldi.. So now all my mushroom fields for example are super green and won't spawn any mushrooms!