Votifier - Random Votes Make it Through

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by LigerXT5, Sep 5, 2013.

1. I've moved to Intreppid a few months ago and everything works nicely, except the occasional player stating that this site or another he voted on, no mention showed up ingame nor a reward.

Simply put, there does not seem to be a pattern. If person 1 votes for three days on ten sites, he might get three one day, eight another, and seven the next. It's never the same sites each time. Multiply that by a few more players and there is obviously no patterns. On a single day, every site has pinged the server for someone voting, but not for every single person.

I've been talking to Intreppid, they don't have anything blocked on the port I chose, and the one I chose afterwords thinking it might be an issue.
    I know there is something wrong between the sites and my server. If I go to PMC, for an example, and make a change and save, it will, occasionally, say that it failed to ping my votifier. If I repeatedly try to save/submit, it will eventually work.

Intreppid has asked me for the Polling IPs of the servers, but I have no clue of what they might be, other than doing a whois search of the site's URL.

I am at a loss. I'm not having this as a high priority, it does deter some players from trying to farm the small rewards at least.

2. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

3. They need to make sure they are also typing their exact IGN when voting case-sensitive and all

4. Even if they don't type their name, or even correctly, a message appears ingame stating someone voted on XYZ site.

I have, and over a few days time, some go through, so do not.

Yesterday I sat down with a staff member of my server and rewrote our PMC description. I think I hit the submit button a dozen or so times before it would detect my votifier. -_-