VPS from OVH - Help

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by oPqnda, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I have bought a VPS from OVH and I've been waiting since last night to get it set up. Now, when I bough it I accidentally bought 2 and I contacted them to cancel one order and they still haven't got back to me.

I was wondering, has one else got this problem (I know VPS will take 24 hours to setup) but I've been waiting for a response back to my email I sent to them and if 2 orders are made, then I won't be in the best of moods.

Does anyone know the best way to contact ovh?

Question: Does OVH sent a letter to your house or something, or do they just send an email w/ the invoice to my payment?

2. Give them a ring at their 24/7 support, you'll get answers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ssamjh

You may have to provide photo ID. I had to, but I think that's because I live in New Zealand.

• Like Like x 1
  4. How old do you have to be, exactly?

5. I'll probably do that.

6. ssamjh

18 or older, I had to sign up using my mums drivers licence + credit card, technically she owns the account but it's mine.

(it's less than 4 months till I am 18 so yay for me!)

7. I'm <18, I just sent a photo of a bank statement with everything blurred out other than the transaction, my address and phone number and they approved it

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Be patient, your account will be reviewed soon and you will be emailed with details of what happens next. It may take a few days to get a response from support if you emailed them, as said before, give them a ring.

9. Well, I am just thinking of cancelling the order, how would I possible do that?

10. Call them would be the quickest I'd imagine.

11. Will they ask me for any ID or anything like that?

12. Did you use PayPal?

13. I used my credit card.

14. Just keep them both

15. I would, but I've changed my mind.

16. Then call your bank and have them reverse the payment.

17. if you have spare ram i am willing to use it xD

18. Cancel the VPS, they'll cancel it disregarding your age. No issue their, they'll refund you for one.
    Two, quick note, the servers are far from the best. Running any gaming server ie, minecraft, will give you lag issues if they're still using the same poor CPU.

19. Okay. Well to be honest, I am ain't very experienced with VPS's and stuff, but since it's the weekend. I hope I get the refund tomorrow.

20. My factions instances all run on KS-4's and peak at 370 players @ 17 - 19 TPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.