"Walkman" plugin

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by glatteis, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Hey, I'm starting to work on a walkman plugin that lets you pick 9 youtube videos as songs. The server then downloads them into ogg, compiles them in a resource pack, uploads them and installs the resource pack automagically. What seems far fetched is actually not very hard, but I need a hoster to temporarily host these resource packs on. I'm using Google Drive at the time, but I don't think that will work for a plugin as that will need login...

2. Try using dropbox free service. I'm not sure why Google drive won't work, enable public download.

3. Google Drive probably works, the question is just how to get a file up there using just java.

4. Ahh, I see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Agreed, S3 is made for this kind of stuff.

6. Did you ever finish this plugin? A few friend and I are pretty interested in the concept...

7. Yeah and no. I still have the concept of course, but I don't have a server and I can't afford S3 so it doesn't work anyway.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Hi glatteis,

I have a server running as a personal server, i can offer you some free say 50gb of space at no cost

9. Thank you, but there were just too many problems with this plugin:

- Uploading would take bandwidth off the server, and if too many people update the whole server will lag
    - Direct links are meh, and YouTube is not allowed
    - Minecraft doesn't accept ZIP signature of resource packs zipped by Java Applications
    - What use does it have? You also have iTunes, right?

and much, much more. I don't want to get myself into that code anymore.

10. Thats a shame but i does sound like a nightmare. Its a nightmare enough just running a server, but im always happy to help!

11. wat?

12. If you need Google Drive storage I got 10TB for the next 3 years.

13. Currently, im using jukebox reloaded.I Convert mp3 to ogg and replace discs in a resource pack. Then I use DynamicTextures for the resource packs in each world. Different worlds on my server use different resource packs. Everything works ok but I cant change the disc names. All you have to do is type /jukebox and it opens a gui. Seemed really similar to your idea in a way

ITUNES!...That apple was missing a chunck from the beginning anyways...