Wallrun and Backstabbing

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by DasDarki, May 29, 2016.

1. I am working on a Assassins Creed Plugin and I need help with the Wallrun and the Backsabbing Ability. I dont know how I can do that pls help.

2. What have you tried.

3. Backstabbing is easy, here's a thread from a year ago that should still help.
    https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/test-if-damage-was-from-behind.64229/

Wallrunning is difficult, if you don't have experience with vectors it's not going to be easy.
    Might want to just install a plugin that does it, or look at the code from another plugin that does that and learn from it.

4. Thanks. Is there a source of a plugin with wallrunning?

5. But if i have to calculate with vectors it wont me so bad because I calculate with vecs in the school

6. Yes it's called google. Pretty cool site.

7. Yeah xD

8. Is there a way to testfor blocks arround the Player?

9. You get their location and loop through blocks around the location using coordinates.

10. Just as a completely random thought.

Can you check if a wall is next to a player, then create barrier blocks beneath the player.

11. Code (Text):

Location playerLoc = damager.getLocation();
            Location targetLoc = damagee.getLocation();
            double pvecy = -Math.sin(Math.toRadians(playerLoc.getPitch()));
            double pvecx = -Math.cos(Math.toRadians(playerLoc.getPitch())) * Math.sin(Math.toRadians(playerLoc.getYaw()));
            double pvecz = Math.cos(Math.toRadians(playerLoc.getPitch())) * Math.cos(Math.toRadians(playerLoc.getYaw()));
            double tvecy = -Math.sin(Math.toRadians(targetLoc.getPitch()));
            double tvecx = -Math.cos(Math.toRadians(targetLoc.getPitch())) * Math.sin(Math.toRadians(targetLoc.getYaw()));
            double tvecz = Math.cos(Math.toRadians(targetLoc.getPitch())) * Math.cos(Math.toRadians(targetLoc.getYaw()));
            double dot = tvecx * pvecx + tvecy * pvecy + tvecz * pvecz;
            if (dot > 0.6D)
            {
                 //do code here
             }

12. I think this is the backstabbing code?

13. There is absolutely no need to use that code. That just overuses sin and cos a lot which simply isn't a good thing to do.

I'd say you use the target's vector and attacker's direction, get the dot product and see if it's bigger than a certain number. I haven't really worked with a dot product before so sadly I can't help you more than this. Good luck :)

14. I have a friend who has made a WallRun thing. Lemme tag him for you.

@jedk1

15. I never said that I will use TheS7Ws Code, I want to try it on my own^^

• Like Like x 1