Wanted: 3D Hat Plugin

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Latula, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm not well-versed in plugins, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there exists a plugin that allows members to pick from custom made 3D models to wear as hats (similar to Potterworld MC)? It's something that I want to explore (3D modeling) but I'm not really sure how they do it (the distribution, not the modeling). Looking for a plugin with a GUI that lets players equip a hat from a list.

://

Thanks,
    Latula

2. Well they did it with a resourcepack

3. Alternatively, would it be possible to pay for a plugin like that where all the 3D models are server-side (client doesn't need to download a resource pack to wear the 3D models)?

4. Really? What do they replace (blocks/items) to equal 30+ hats? Or is there a way to make entirely new items?

5. Yes, very true. You could do it with armor stands.
    I know of a proof of concept plugin if you would like to see it.

6. I'd be interested in seeing the proof of concept plugin utilizing armour stands. I'd like to avoid the client having to download anything if at all possible (I know it can be off-putting to be prompted to download a custom resource pack although that may be the route we need to go).

7. Honestly I don't see the problem with downloading resource packs, if your gamemode is good and needs a custom resourcepack, players won't have a problem downloading it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.