Wear elytra and chest piece at the same time.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by NikeWade, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Does anyone know if its possible to allow a player to wear elytra and a chest piece at the same time?

2. ScarabCoder

ScarabCoder Retired Resource Staff
    Retired

No, but you could decrease the damage a player takes in the EntityDamageEvent.

3. I am fairly sure it's not possible.

There are maybe some hacky work-arounds, I can think of a few that each have their own challenges:
    • Give them a helmet with a custom item that looks like a chestplate. But yeah then they can't wear a helmet.
    • Use the glide event to allow them to glide without an elytra, either via a command or holding some item. Won't look as cool without elytra wings, though.
    • Mount an armor stand on them with a custom item that looks like a chest plate, probably very hard to align it well. (EDIT: er, or just have the AS wear a chestplate, duh...)

• Like Like x 1
  4. you could use texture pack to make elytra have chestplate also (or something else have chestplate)
    I tried doing this for something else, things get complex, it starts jittering a bit with the armorstand having a bit of a delay, to fix that you would have to create a fake player, which messes the pvp...