Web Resources Section

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YUUUSSS

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good Job Spigot Team

3. Yeah!! That was seriously needed

4. Legoman99573

Supporter

How about those that require a composer command to be used from ssh console like Flarum extensions? Would I just point it at my github or will those type of resources not be allowed?

5. Good job, this is definitely needed.

6. mathhulk

Junior Mod

I'd say if it a web-based resource, it is allowed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice. It now looks like 'Standalone' is emptying because of this :p (or maybe I didn't notice before)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Legoman99573

Supporter

Standalone is always emptying and less coming in to replace it.

9. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

Well, the reason why it's emptying is because the "Standalone" category was where people would place their web-based resources, even though that was not it's purpose. The purpose of "Standalone" is resources that have nothing to do with the Bukkit/Spigot API and are capable of running on their own (i.e. proper Java applications / programs). With the addition of a "Web" section, it now permits web developers to have a location for their resources without it being labelled as a standalone program, in which web resources are not. It's fine seeing that section shrink because now it just narrows down what the section was originally intended for :) You can find all your nice little Java applications in a single section now!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Finally :) Thanks

11. Glad to see Spigot moving forward more :D

12. Should Java applications that function as web servers (Such as those based off of the Play Framework or Spark) be posted in standalone or web?

13. This is great, but for gods sake, can a moderator check for security exploits? At-least for MYSQL.

14. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

I'm not sure any of us would have the time for that. Even with 4 of us, we struggle to keep up on premium resource reviews due to being busy with (what I assume is) life.

15. mathhulk

Junior Mod

Users must take the time to check for exploits. If they download the software, it is their responsibility to make sure it is clean. The web section is just like any other free resource section, no extra features or security checks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Very interesting, nice job.

17. Thank you very much!
    HYPEE

18. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

It's best you stop post farming and spamming useless resources in the Resources section, because at this rate, your posts will be removed and your first premium resource is going to get instantaneously rejected. Be a quality member, and not a money-greedy spammer

19. Can't wait to see the cool templates people will make. Web design isn't my best strength, so this will help a lot!

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.