Website domain to server domain?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by DavidDevelops, Apr 29, 2017.

1. DavidDevelops

Supporter

I was wondering I have a website domain and I was wondering if there anyway I can make that my server ip
    Like say my website domain was homecraft.net could I make my server ip mc.homecraft.net or just homecraft.net?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Basically the way it works is if you are hosting your website and your mc server on the same Dedicated Server, then yes, because they share the same IP address, they just have different ports, port 80 for web and port 25565 for mc, if you have your domain pointed at the one ip, your browser will know to connect on port 80 and mc knows to connect on port 25565.

If however you are hosting your website separate from your mc server, you would need to do one of the following:

1. Point your base domain to your website ip, and a Subdomain (such as play.xxx.com) to your server ip.
    2. If you have a dedicated ip for your minecraft server from your host, you can contact your host and ask them to return a 403 redirect when your dedicated mc IP is connected to on port 80 or port 8080.
    Hope this helps :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DavidDevelops

Supporter

Thanks for your help now I know what im doing Ha thanks

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. This actually help me out as well kek

• Like Like x 1
  5. DavidDevelops

Supporter

Good im glad it helped more then me :D (Yes more epic say kek!)