Spigot Whack A Mole 1.3

Ever wanted to play Whack A Mole in Minecraft? Well now you can with this amazing new plugin!

1. Techkatz submitted a new resource:

Wack A Mole - Every wanted to play Wack A Mole in Minecraft? Well now you can with this amazing new plugin!

Read more about this resource...

2. Nice plugin, but its possible to click on 1 mole more than 1 time and earn more points. Plus can you add command to receive the item, config with the item id, all the messages, item possition in the inventory, give item on join and playing time feauture in the inventory name or something?
    And other thing: I use authme and if the player has to login, the item is given before login and removed after the login.

#2 ZeaL_BGN, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  3. suggestion: make the game after a certain time limit or a certain number of failed clicks otherwise it just goes on forever and getting a high score doesn't mean much

4. To be honest I am quite lazy, if you want though I can make you your very own custom version of the plugin, where it has the correct hotbar slot you want and the message colours you want.

5. Like how many failed clicks? They could just be bad at the game, and that would not be fair to not let them keep trying. I will try into looking for way to do this though.

6. what about a system to track high scores? or some sort of auto announcer that announces a new high score? like "so and so has just reached 100 points!" that type of thing

How about challenge modes? like 1 min games, 2 min games etc... or games that are x2 the speed...that type of thing!

7. I like your plugin, here are some suggestions to make it even better!

Bugs/Problems that need to be fixed
    - its possible to click on 1 mole more than 1 time and earn more points
    - I'm using the plugin authme and if a player has to login, the item is given before the login and removed after the login
    - You can click on your own pot in your inventory (that you start the game with) to receive points.

Score
    - let the plugin save a players score

Commands
    - command /wam score (or something like that) to get your best score(best game), your overall score(all points counted together), times that you played the game, what your ranking is from all the players who played the game.(you could add all this data to a scoreboard on the top right)
    - command /wam top to get a list of the 10 best scores from all players(this could be a scoreboard on the top right of the screen)
    - command to open the game

Config
    - make a config for the plugin where you can change the name/lore of the flower pot that opens the game, (if you make scoreboards to show stats) the time in seconds the scoreboard will be shown when using the command, make the name of the mole changeable.
    - add the item ID for the item to open the game (so you could change the item to open the game)
    - add all the messages that the plugin sends
    - the item possition in the inventory

Reward system
    - reward system that gives you an item/executes a console command when reaching a certain amount of points

Permissions
    - permission to use the command and flower pot to open the game
    - permission to get rewarded when you reach an amount of points

Gamemodes
    - different modes of the game, (when using the command or flowerpot to open the game you could add a GUI where you can choose the game mode) mode1 : timed mode (whack as many moles as you can in a certain amount of time / 1 minute or 2) mode2 :endlessly mode (whack as many moles as you can but the timer will keep adding up)

Levels
    - When playing mode2 (explained above at Gamemodes section) add a level system (if you reach 50 points you will go a level up ad receive a reward)

Premium
    - You could leave this version as it is (Whack a Mole Light) and add things from my suggestion list to a new premium plugin. (I wouldn't mind paying a dollar or 2 for an enhanced version of this plugin and it might motivate you to put the hours of work in this project)

I'll try to keep this post updated with all the suggestions/bugs for this plugin, this will be easier for the author to look through everything!

(update of my post in the review section)
    These are just some random ideas.
    Your minigame plugin has potential!

#7 Dasco, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
  8. I will consider then, thanks for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  9. For me its more important to fix the bus that @Excaliburmc say, remove the join item and add command to receive it or just right-click a norma or named pot. But for me the best plugins are the most configurable plugins.
    EDIT: I found another bug :D
    You can click on your own pot in your inventory (that you start the game with) to receive points. Is this a reason to recode again? :D

#9 ZeaL_BGN, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
  10. Oh, let me get on that right now, I think I have a way to fix it.

11. So, I saw that it doesn't matter if you click on the pot that it give to you or on a random pot that you can take from your inventory. So is it possible just to add option to disable the plugin to give you the pot automaticly?

12. add a command to start it and not just an item

13. please add vault support and some others,and when a player win 20 or more paint there will a firework launch :)

14. Idea:

Get a Flower Pot or bring up the menu with a command as opposed to right clicking a flower pot s this could then be used in a Survival Server because at the moment, it removed whatever block is in the 9th inventory of a player.

15. I was thinking about just adding a permission in the next update, do you think that would fix the issue?

16. Could be done with Version 1.2...

17. Mind if in Version 1.2 I just add a firework when you close the inventory?

18. No because the 9th inventory slot would still be filled with the pot. Adding a command would be better.

19. never :)