Want a better Minecraft server? Read about SpigotMC here!
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Xocky, Feb 21, 2020.
I was wondering what are some good sounds to use for your plugin?
Heavily depends on the plugin and feature
For example a minigame.
My cat gets all nervous when I play entity.wolf.howl
Here are a few that are LESS likely to be heard in game, which makes them fun because they almost seem "new":
- UI_TOAST_CHALLENGE_COMPLETE (I use this in HungerGames when a player dies, because it reminds me of the sound they use in the movie)
ENTITY_ILLUSIONER_PREPARE_MIRROR (anything to do with the Illusioner really, because they aren't in the game unless you manually spawn them - therefor they sound super unique)
- ENTITY_EVOKER_PREPARE_WOLOLO (its just freaking funny)
- EVENT_RAID_HORN (This one is GREAT... but it is very very quiet so you need to use a high volume)
- ENTITY_PLAYER_BURP (Because its funny)
- ITEM_SHIELD_BLOCK (I heard this for the first time the other day. Its kind of a cool sound. I guess if a player uses a shield a lot this might not sound so unique)
Ok thats all the special ones I know of. I recommend going thru the SOUND enums and finding ones you don't hear often. You could also create a quick little plugin/command to test all the sounds and just listen for ones that sound interesting to you. Theres quiet a few you've probably never heard, and that makes them more interesting.
I often use: