What are good sounds to use

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Xocky, Feb 21, 2020.

1. I was wondering what are some good sounds to use for your plugin?

2. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Heavily depends on the plugin and feature

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. For example a minigame.

4. My cat gets all nervous when I play entity.wolf.howl

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Here are a few that are LESS likely to be heard in game, which makes them fun because they almost seem "new":
    - UI_TOAST_CHALLENGE_COMPLETE (I use this in HungerGames when a player dies, because it reminds me of the sound they use in the movie)
    -
    ENTITY_ILLUSIONER_AMBIENT
    ENTITY_ILLUSIONER_CAST_SPELL
    ENTITY_ILLUSIONER_DEATH
    ENTITY_ILLUSIONER_HURT
    ENTITY_ILLUSIONER_MIRROR_MOVE
    ENTITY_ILLUSIONER_PREPARE_BLINDNESS
    ENTITY_ILLUSIONER_PREPARE_MIRROR (anything to do with the Illusioner really, because they aren't in the game unless you manually spawn them - therefor they sound super unique)
    - ENTITY_EVOKER_PREPARE_WOLOLO (its just freaking funny)
    - EVENT_RAID_HORN (This one is GREAT... but it is very very quiet so you need to use a high volume)
    - ENTITY_PLAYER_BURP (Because its funny)
    - ITEM_SHIELD_BLOCK (I heard this for the first time the other day. Its kind of a cool sound. I guess if a player uses a shield a lot this might not sound so unique)

Ok thats all the special ones I know of. I recommend going thru the SOUND enums and finding ones you don't hear often. You could also create a quick little plugin/command to test all the sounds and just listen for ones that sound interesting to you. Theres quiet a few you've probably never heard, and that makes them more interesting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. I often use:

CHICKEN_EGG_POP
    CLICK
    NOTE_BASS
    LEVEL_UP
    ANVIL_LAND

• Informative Informative x 1