What are these timings showing me?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Kiakaha, Oct 4, 2013.

1. My Timings

I know my server is running like crap.
    But I don't know what these numbers are telling me to do about it :(
    Can anyone explain what might cause these figures on an otherwise empty server?

2. I make a brand new iteration of server and generate new maps and i get 600 chunks showing on main world? 34 tiles? what does that even mean?
    am i somehow retaining a bunch of garbage from past things?

3. Recolance

Supporter

600 chunks, means 600 chunks are loaded. Tiles are items that contain meta data, chests, signs ect.

4. Absolution

Benefactor

Looks like entity tick in world "world" is causing problems. Maybe try editing spigot.yml file and lower the entity tracking ranges as well as the entity activation ranges.

- Something to take into account is that the entities "spider" and "creeper" are taking a big chunk of that. Maybe reducing the entity tracking range and activation range for monsters should help solve the problem.

- You could also reduce view distance to reduce lag by loaded chunks. The lower the view distance, the less loaded chunks per player.

Alternatively, you could get better hardware

5. Hmmm it's running on the craziest piece of hardware I ever saw, It's run at solid 19+ tps since i like version 1.1
    Only on the upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 did it suddenly go to crap

I don't get how i can have 34 tile entities on a brand new map with nothing in it :(

6. Looks like a hardware issue. No way a fresh map, one player, and some 20 plugins are affecting you that much via software.