Question What are you allowed to use the resource update option for?

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by xeRicker, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I'm not exactly sure what this means? You're clearly required to upload a file. But apparently, according to this message, you're not required to upload a new file?

What kind of update are you allowed to post which doesn't require you to upload a new file? I've seen people post updates about sales or just status updates in general, but I've always assumed that this wasn't allowed.

2. simpleauthority

Supporter

It might be referring to the fact that you can simply bump the thread if you wish to provide a generic update. An actual code update requires a new file. I could be wrong.

3. But wasn't exactly that against the rules? People used to spam updates without actually updating their plugin, simply giving status updates (the next update is 5% 10% 15% etc.. done) to get their plugin back to the top

4. Weaves

Resource Staff

You should avoid using the update feature without also updating the code. However if you wanted to post an update that informs the users that you tested it with a new minecraft version and it works without code changes or something that would be ok. Or if you wanted to inform them that you have a new bug tracker. Just don't use it to advertise or simply bump the resource.