What are you using to log player actions?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by treestompz, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Hello All,

For a very long time I have been LogBlock, but has been causing a lot of lag issues on my server. Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation of something they have been using that has performed better than LogBlock.

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

"Lots of lag issues", but certainly not as much as coreprotect would.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Md, if you recall, I talked to you on IRC several days ago wondering if you had an idea of what was plaguing my server with lag. The bottom line was there was no way to tell without disabling every plugin 1 by 1 and going through rigorous testing. Without LogBlock (and DisguiseCraft) my server has been performing much better. Last night I enabled the most recent version of your LogBlock, #179, and now today I have a memory leak again. :) I don't believe it is a coincidence, but I could be wrong :)

4. Maybe it can be argued that I am doing something wrong! Use Hawkeye Reloaded for the detailed logging and web interface for reviewing player activity, and use CoreProtect for most 'repairs' and rollbacks just because it totally does the job HawkEye could not handle (without killing the server). Have received the occasional SQL overload warning on HawkEye, but since switching to Spigot, server seems to be happier, and remains in 20TPS range, acceptable mem usage as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm using LogBlock (ver 1.61/#175)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sway

Artist Supporter

I have 5+ worlds logged with LogBlock. I see no lag but my server is a boss, and everything runs on the same drive. I run a 120GB SSD with a local MySQL database. =) My server is more man than i'll ever be. :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the feedback everyone...maybe something is messed up with MySQL if no one else is experiencing this.

That would be this: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/logblock/files/14-log-block-1-61/ right?

Yea, I also have a SSD. (Samsung 830)

Can I ask what build of LogBlock you are using?

8. Sway

Artist Supporter

Always the latest from bukkitdev 1.61 :)

9. Ah ok, wasn't sure if you were using md_5's builds of Logblock.

10. PhanaticD

Patron

im using logblock, i love it and never noticed any problems with it. I hear that logging water/lava flow can be intensive though

11. Sway

Artist Supporter

Things like this i don't mess around with, at least dev builds from jenkins servers. It logs broken, and placed blocks. If this plugin were to crap out on me i would be very upset. I'll stick with the stable builds on bukkitdev.

12. I use Logblock plus custom coded Loggers that log Item Dropping, Money Exchange, Dispensers (Infinite), Minecart Chests and Commands.

13. Puremin0rez

Wish Logblock logged Item Frames... (Unless it does now??)