What do I need for a buildteam server?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Venomous_Creeper, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Hello,

I’m currently revamping how my buildteam works, and I think it’s time I have a proper server for it. I’m expecting a lot of world editing, copying/pasting, and a bunch of fairly large worlds. Here’s my two questions:

1. What type of server should I go for? Is shared hosting enough, if so how much ram would I need? Any minimum CPU requirements?

2. Any specific plugin requirements? I’ll have FastAsyncWorldEdit, Essentials, LuckPerms, Multiverse, VoxelSniper - that’s about it, are there any plugins specialized for buildteams that would make things easier/more organized?

2. Heya,

1) Go for PaperSpigot or Spigot. Shared Hosting is perfectly fine, just make sure to go with the right provider. Regarding what server version, Both work fine but I'd like mostly do PaperSpigot if I were you. Regarding the ram, 3-6GB should be more than enough if you have 4-15 builders? That's what I've seen with mine previously.

2) Make sure to use backups obviously! EasyBackup or normal free backup plugins are perfectly fine. This plugin might help but I'm unsure what exactly you would do too: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/blockphysics-perfect-for-build-team-servers.52074/

Let me know if you would like to know more. (y)
    I probably have mistakes somewhere but feel free to correct me haha.

3. Thanks for the info! Any specific plugins I should have?

4. I've mentioned 2 above there ^^

5. tbh if you are only making builds just worldedit fawe and maybe these specs:

2c
    2 - 3gb

legit all you need, if you are making huge asf maps then add +2 gigs.

6. I’d suggest a plot plugin (plotsquared), to keep builds easily findable and organised.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. If you plan to invite some "visitors" on your server maybe you should add AntiWorldDownloader.

• Agree Agree x 2