What do you guys think about using a Ryzen 3900x for a dedicated server?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Soulwatcher, Mar 22, 2020.

1. First off I would like to start off by saying I no longer have my old server. And I am looking to build something a lot more powerful. Also, I learned my lesson from hosting at home so I will be colocating the server. What I need is something powerful, that's not going to lag. And I will be hosting a bedrock server and a Java server on the same machine.

For java, I would like to be able to host 50~100 players and bedrock I would like to host 20+ players. For the server, I am looking at a Ryzen 3900x, 32gb of ram and a PCIe M.2.

P.S. an Intel Core i9-9900K is out of my price range!

2. 3900X is one of the best CPUs available for single thread performance, whilst having a ton of cores still. Go for it definitely if you an afford it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The 3800x is $100 cheaper and has a better base clock, though the turbo clock is 0.1 GHz less. Not sure how much of a difference that would make but I'd personally use a 3800x just for the saved money and already good performance.

4. Thank you for all who replied. The wife reeled in the budget so I ended up with an i5 9600k, MSI MotherBoard, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler, 16gb of G.Skill ddr4 2666 ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 SSD, 600watt Gold EVGA Power Supply, Coolmaster Case. Newegg said it will be here in 2~5 days. :)