What does Spigot change about Villager behavior?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by AzeTheGreat, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Not entirely sure if this is the best place to post this, but I couldn't figure out where else would be better...

So, I play on a Spigot server, and I was hoping you guys might be able to help me understand the small differences that might be causing the behavior I'm seeing.

My issue is that I'm using Nathan Ryan's adaptation of UnaryBit's food farm Mechanically it's all super functional, but it works much slower than expected.

Villagers seem 'distracted'. In single player they're almost constantly harvesting and moving around, while Spigot seems to cause them to stop being focused and enter the random 'wander' mode.

I know that there's the entity-activation-range problem, which causes them to move much slower if I'm more than 32 blocks away, but that doesn't seem to account for their behavior when I'm still relatively close. If Spigot reduces the 'job' search range, does anyone know to what value? That at least would let me make multiple smaller and more efficient chambers.

Is it possible that this is a side effect of max-tick-time for entities being lower than required to process everything? I don't know if that's the case, but it's the only explanation I can think of based on what I've been able to find out about Spigot...

2. Gaxan

Supporter

If a villager does not detect what is considered a house nearby, they will wander until they find one. I believe it is within 32 blocks, maybe 16.

3. Vanilla mechanics mean that if a villager see a village boundary within a 32 block radius then they will try to return to the village. If they do not see it, then they will behave normally. Normal behavior does include wandering around, but not to the extent that I'm seeing on Spigot, and not with as much delay between 'thoughts' (standing around before they decide to go harvest something).

4. Gaxan

Supporter

It depends on which version of minecraft you are using.

5. Can you elaborate? We're on 1.11.2.

6. Gaxan

Supporter

Try adding a door on each level with a sunlight in front of the door. See if the villagers behave differently.