What is the best Permissions plugin ?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Pluginsel, Apr 18, 2017.

?

What is the best Permissions plugin ?

1. PermissionsEx

24 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. zPermissions

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. bPermissions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. GroupManager

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. PowerfulPerms

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. PermissionsBukkit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. BungeePerms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. LuckPerms

24 vote(s)
    42.1%
  9. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. What is the best Permissions plugin ?

2. LuckPerms.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hard to pick one it usually is just based off of needs but GroupMananger is off the table. Personally, I use Pex as when I started out the guy who helped me used pex and I have just been too lazy to learn another one

4. [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I switched a while ago from PEX to Luckperms. If it's your first time using permissions get PEX, otherwise use Luckperms.

6. I personally like Pex best because I have used since I started with permission plugin. But I would go with Luckperms today if I was you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would have said the exact same thing.
    Pex is good but LuckPerms has more features.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Been using Groupmanager since the old days. It still works to this day, however, I will probably have to move on shortly. The world evolves, and to survive, we must evolve with it :)

9. For me PEX the best, when you use db

10. Hi,

I would recommend group manager all the way. Its so easy and light weight to use :)

-HotShot

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. PermissionEX

12. PermissionsEx no doubt about it.

13. PermissionEx is in any case the easiest to use

14. Quality > Ease of use (in most cases)
    thus LuckPerms > PEX

15. Is luckperms really that good I ask cause I've never judged it

16. It just has a ridiculous amount of features & customization, and is great for networks where you want to have both global ranks and server-specific ranks. That's why its my go-to permission plugin

17. yes Luckperms is away to go. when i was on pex for very short time none my permissions was working and i need bungeecord support too and found luckperms fix my issues

18. I really like PEX. I've actually never heard of LuckyPerms. Is it free? Is it easy to understand? Any cons?

19. WAS

WAS

PEX has its issues, and they still haven't been resolved. I'm about to move to LuckPerms myself. One of the most annoying bugs is if you use commands to manipulate groups, and your groups all have unique names, it will reset inheritance to the default groups "default, vip, admin" instead of your uniquely named groups... thus everyone suddenly looses permissions lol. I had to disable most commands because of this cause people couldn't leave well enough alone.