What is the best permissions plugin?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by SurvivalQuest, May 19, 2017.

1. I've always used PermissionsEX for my servers because I'm so familiar with it, but are there better performing permission plugins out now? Or does PermissionsEX get the job done just as well (performance wise)?

I'm also looking for a plugin that counts players' votes and ranks them up from getting set amounts of votes. I believe Autorank does this, but I've always had issues with that plugin. Is there a good alternative to Autorank for counting votes?

2. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

For Permissions, as of right now, I'd recommend LuckPerms.

For a Vote counter, I'm sure ProVotes/GAListener does this, and you can set commands to be executed to rankup after x votes IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Is there a plugin that lets players choose from a list of names to set as their prefix? I want to be able to create a list of prefix names that have a permission node for each name that I can assign to ranks, allowing the player with that rank to choose which prefix they'd like.

4. For Permissions, i would say PEX or LuckPerms! :D

5. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

DeluxeMenus could work. on click -> set player prefix

6. I'd say pex, and I could code a vote rankup system possibly if your fine with skript

7. bessentialsgroupmanager and essentials x have no compatibility issues. I highly recommend GM.

8. Gaxan

Supporter

I've used PermissonsEX, bPermissions, zPermissions and Luckperms.
    Luckperms blows the rest away.

9. I've always used PEX but it seems like lots are recommending LuckPerms. What makes Luckperms so special?

10. Gaxan

Supporter

11. Dis eez da rone secshon. This should go in Spigot Plugin Help.
    LuckPerms for the win! :D

12. I suggest luckperms, take a look at this graph, [​IMG]
    Making a skript is not coding.
    smh. You do realise groupmanager hasn't been worked on for years right?

13. Many of these features are utilized better by other plugins, LuckyPerms over did it IMO

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gaxan

Supporter

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Thats like saying don't use essentials, use the other 50 plugins to do the same thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I've been using zPermissions lately and it's pretty awesome, haven't tried LuckPerms but you should try both and see which you like better and which suits your needs the most. :)

16. It actually does make sense, That response was what made no more sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gaxan

Supporter

So it makes more sense to you to use two, three and four plugins to do what one plugin does?
    I think you are trying to start an argument with just for the sake of arguing without having a good point. Good luck with that.
    If you have ever used luckperms you would know it is very well coded and actually more friendly on TPS than the other permission plugins.
    If you are going to say my response doesn't make any sense, give a reason instead of just saying it. Otherwise you saying that has no real meaning.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. ssamjh

+1 for PowerfulPerms

19. I heard the database storage system is very bad.

20. ssamjh

I've been using it on MineSwine for months now and I've never had a problem/issue finding anything in the database.