What is the best permissions plugin?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by amandasaza08, Jul 16, 2018.

1. I've always used PermissionsEX for my servers because I'm so familiar with it, but are there better performing permission plugins out now? Or does PermissionsEX get the job done just as well (performance wise)?

I'm also looking for a plugin that counts players' votes and ranks them up from getting set amounts of votes. I believe Autorank does this, but I've always had issues with that plugin. Is there a good alternative to Autorank for counting votes?

2. well I personally use zPermissions for permissions I dont know about the vote part

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Just stick with pex.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. LuckPerms is the way to go these days. PEX is outdated and somewhat broken.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I literally just stick with pex. I might look at lucky perms. eh

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Might as well stick with Java 5 and Minecraft 1.6 in that case

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Aeternum

Supporter

Ive extensively updated pex. https://github.com/Aeternum-Studios/PermissionsEx/releases
    I have rebuilt on java 8 and the 1.12.2 api, fixed loads of backend shit and some mem leaks and setup a web dashboard that has backup and restore options, and lists the permissions of all installed plugins so you can easily add them to groups etc, along with config hotloading and whatnot. I have however removed bungee support entirely. Although it does still work and has been updated for mysql. If you need bungee support definately go with luckperms, otherwise stick with pex :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Can you explain why someone should stick with Pex when LuckPerms has an insanely greater amount of features & is updated all of the time?

I don't get why people are so stuck on suggesting Pex when LuckPerms is by far the best permissions plugin out there when you account for the amount of features, reliability, and update frequency. Its like suggesting someone to buy a prius when they can easily afford a tesla.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Might as well ask what is the best religion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. MiniDigger

Supporter

not really, I don't know about any religion that is officially abandoned like pex is :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hah! (I still use GroupManager. Hey, it works!)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. LuckPerms ;) and if you go to make a network, helps very good
    Sorry my english...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TheJavaHacker

Supporter

That image is far outdated. You can have Per-Server permissions with PEX, you CAN customise the Locale if done properly, I can import and export permission backups, Pex logs actions by default in terms of its' commands, Pex does somewhat support tab-completion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Aeternum

Supporter

That image was just simply made to make lp look better. It was made when pex was in 1.23.4 where is supported most of the same features as lp.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I use PermissionsEx and tbh I tried all these fancy new Perm plugins but all i need is simple pex for me. Works fine still too

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. MiniDigger

Supporter

@Luck might wanna update the image then if that's the case.

17. Aeternum

Supporter

Theres actually alot of issues with this logic. If you can afford a tesla, then you likely already have at least one perfectly functioning car. Having multiple cars without need is an intense waste of resources, and just because the tesla is green and eco freindly, doesnt mean the manufacturing of it is so.
    Have a video:

Anyways, that has no relevance to permissions plugins. Both are free, and its a matter of preference.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Aeternum

Supporter

AND if you can afford a model 3, gtfo spigot, go drive around the countryside with two hot dues/dudettes :^)

19. MiniDigger

Supporter

Instead of complaining, why not read the disclaimer and help make the image better?