What is the best permissions plugin?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by amandasaza08, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Regardless of the image LuckPerms is by far the best perms plugin out there when it comes down to:
    • Easy to use web permissions editor (good for "noobs")
    • Custom permission contexts
    • Custom permission metadata
    • Flexibility (you can set it up in many ways, so its great for any type of server)
    • API (extremely extensive and easy to use)
    • & probably more

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aeternum

Supporter

Because i now am maintaining my own fork of pex? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Aeternum

Supporter

Yep, those are all valid.
    I dont personally like the web editor though. If it works for you then whatever. But:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love you @Luck But i love this dashboard moar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Aeternum

Supporter

No but i will always personally use pex. it just makes sense to me. and it has a nostalgic factor to it. LP is 100% the bomb, and luck is a great guy. Plus im never going to support bungee unless i like, pay someone to implement it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So its up to your personal preference, try all the permission plugins, see which you like the most and fits your needs the best.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pex is good but getting older and older, LuckPerms is the new pex.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I personally avoid using web editors for my permissions (I prefer editing the yaml file manually or commands for user permissions).

Anyways, your web editor looks really nice, almost like the buycraft style (assuming what you posted is your pex fork editor)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PermissionsEx is by far the best permissions plugin out there, anything else is blasphemy.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ZPermissions

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  9. LuckPerms is WONDERFUL and has a web-gui (run command in game /lp editor) and you can easily edit all permissions. It's great and to the point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm using PermissionsEx, it's just so simple and useful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I have no fucking reason to switch to luckperms, I suggest he stuck with pex as he was already familiar with it. It’s just a permissions plugin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. MiniDigger

Supporter

Especially then, wouldnt you want it to be represented properly in an comparison?

13. Chill out, no need for swearing.

LuckPerms is a lot easier to add permissions from the tabbing feature, the config, & the web editor, also has a lot of different places for storage.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. A someone who has owned servers, worked for servers, and now develops for servers... +1 for LuckPerms without a shadow of a doubt.

15. Aeternum

Supporter

Honestly, no, I brought pex back for me. I dont really care

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I dunno, looks like a lot more typing with LuckPerms compared to GroupManager:

manuaddp <player> <permission>
    lp user <player> permission set <permission> true

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. There's literally a web interface that bypasses all that...

18. Looks even less convenient. Run a command, click on a link, say yes, edit permissions, save your changes, copy another link, run another command. 7 steps vs 1. All to do what you can do in a single command with GroupManager?

19. The "extra typing" (~11 characters extra excluding the unneeded "true") allows for the much needed flexibility LuckPerms allows compared to other permission plugins.

The command syntax is also much easier to understand, and with its tab completion you don't need memorize any strange commands

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. You completely ignored my post. There's a tabbing feature which doesn't take long. And you don't have to add the true part lol.

• Agree Agree x 1