What made you join spigot?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by joehot200, Aug 9, 2013.

?

Are you still part of bukkit?

1. Yes, i rarely go on the spigot forums at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am active on both the bukkit and the spigot forums

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. I did not like bukkit, i have left and have now joined spigot :)

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. joehot200

Supporter

I was wondering what made everyone leave bukkit and join spigot. I mean, bukkit has people and it certainly has more people, with some who are willing to help.

I also wondered how many of you are still part of bukkit, which is why i posted the poll.

2. joehot200

Supporter

(so, left start off)
    I never really "left" bukkit. I used craftbukkit++, and was then forced to move to spigot (glitchy at the time) as afforess stopped maintaining it.
    I liked the spigot community so much that i have never really had time for bukkit, and i rarely even visit bukkit once a month any more.

3. I joined because of word of mouth. I heard it was better than bukkit and I then tried it and loved it.

4. libraryaddict

Patron

Bukkit took down my HG plugin, being weird about it.
    Still think MCPVP had a giant hand in it.

I got sick of them and their slow update times and just boycotted them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dmck2b

Services Staff

A misclick then noticing the community was smaller, smarter and friendlier.

Server software is an amazing improvement over bukkit as well of course.

6. I needed something better than CraftBukkit. That's where Spigot came in, you guys are all fun and know what you are talking about. Not many "Halp My PorFoward Noww!!!" So I stayed here. I am on bukkit to, but I like spigot better.

7. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

I always went for development builds over stable, and when I saw CB++ in Spout forums I had to get it then ended up here in Spigot. :)

Also he bribed me with cake.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. joehot200

Supporter

Nice answers, everyone :)
    Have some cake!
    [​IMG]

9. I was making a ticket for essentials and it asked what version of craftbukkit or spigot you were using. I wondered what spigot was and searched it up, and found this

• Like Like x 1
  10. joehot200

Supporter

So really what i am seeing here is that: people did not like bukkit, and they found spigot, and liked the community more. :D

11. been following it for some time. Played with it when it was still CB++.

12. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

I just noticed I am member #69. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. joshwenke

Wiki Team

I left Bukkit because of their slow approval times and just the fact that it was too big... always loved Spigot and when they got their own website I was so excited! Seriously the Spigot website is amazing... people are friendly and it's a smaller more close-knit community. I like that.

When Bungee left BukkitDev and I couldn't find it any more, I almost panicked. Luckily I heard about this site shortly after :p

14. Ash

Ash

You sir are a master of life.

15. I joined, because I love performance! :3 Also, I don't like bukkit very much, because of their "we don't give a shit if you're using something else than bukkit"-policy. All those locked threads just because someone was using Spigot or CraftBukkit++ made me leave.

16. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Was using CraftBukkit for a while. Then I noticed servers started using a "Cloud" server setup. Did some investigating, stumbled upon BungeeCord, which then lead to Spigot. I now run Spigot on all my servers, and I couldn't be happier. CraftBukkit didn't seem to give me any satisfaction. Running Spigot made me feel like I was running a highly optimised ship and was a Boss :D Bukkit just seemed to be trying to monopolise everything, it is great being with the underdog.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

Used to use CraftBukkit++ for a while from Afforsee, then switched to Spigot, and then watched Spigot grow from there :)

18. Exactly the same way i found out about spigot, but i researched a little earlier and found it when Bungee was barely in alpha and was called RubberBand. I think i still have the very first build of RubberBand on my hdd somewhere..

• Like Like x 1
  19. This.

I basically got frustrated with CraftBukkit's inability to efficiently handle larger numbers of players. I'm sure I was doing things wrong, but I went googling and found CB++. Big fan of that, and then when I saw it moved to spigot I followed it along.

20. vemacs

Artist

CraftBukkit++ user. Joined here, because why not.