What on earth are intreppid playing at?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by mikemy, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently bought The E3-1270v3 with 10Gbps DDos protection after being told that staminus are the best and so on....
    I now find out that my so called "protected ip" gets hit off by an attack lower then even 1Gbps!!!
    [​IMG]
    That's what null routed me for about 20-30 minutes. Am i doing something wrong? I opened a ticket and they haven't responded but im pretty sure this isn't normal right?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Intreppid is awful, lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Does @Intreppid want to comment on this?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I hope your joking cos i spent 350 $ on that server ......

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've used Intreppid's DDoS proxy before and didn't have many problems (Except for one apparently 29gbp/s attack)

Although I recommend Limestone Networks. You can pay for 10gbp/s or 20gbp/s protection (and get 50% off if you talk nice on Live Chat) I've had hardly any problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

Those logs have never been 100% accurate, they need to fix it.
    Most likely you were hit above your limit.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. I would grab a refund ASAP - though I heard they usually never refund (oh I wonder why - too many requests maybe?).

Limestonenetworks is decent, so is ServerMania. Intreppid is overhyped.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Intreppid really is a rip off

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Another Intreppid rant?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Tips for correctly using DDoS Protection.

1) Make sure your servers are bound to a disposable IP. If they're not, your just paying extra for nothing.
    2) Don't let ANYONE know your administrative IP. If it gets hit, you're fucked.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Jigsaw

Supporter

Not entirely related, but I have been having network issues since December with Intreppid. My players and I experience random disconnects usually daily. When I get a little more time I plan to write a post about my experience with Intreppid. It hasn't been all negative and that is why I still use them. I'm just hoping they can fix the network issues or I will have to be switching.

That was a little off topic, but my point is that if you are having problems give them a chance to sort it out before getting too upset. They will try and work with you and that is something that can't be said for some of the larger hosts.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Had the same problem, switched to their anycast system and it has helped a lot.

13. 100% Agreed, Horrible service, they'll bullshit you to the fullest. I remember there New York location could actually withstand a ddos attack larger than 1gbps but they've gone to shit. They sponsor all these big servers but in reality i'm sure all of them are on there own powerful network and everything cause there so big, way too overhyped. I'm sure they'll write some long unneeded paragraph on how they had a "glitch" in the system when this has been like this for a long time and will write some more BS in it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hey Mikemy,

Can you pm your account info so we can look into this for you? Obviously this type of attack shouldn't be affecting your service so something is wrong.

• Disagree x 7
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  15. @Intreppid
    *sigh* Actually I redact this, my network just went down again. I am probably going to switch to OVH because this is getting ridiculous. They cause more downtime than they prevent.

#15 jjacobson, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. pay them more fake ddos attacks :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. I agree i had intrepid, My server was down more from there connection issues then ddos attacks. I bought there protection to gain players and have a more stable server, Instead i lose players and money.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Yep, its constantly down and all they say when I open a ticket is "ill take a look" and then no response after that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Limestone is pretty solid. OVH was pretty solid too. Never used Intreppid, and by the looks of this thread not sure if I ever will.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yea a lot of people are talking about OVH. I will be moving there before my next intreppid bill.

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.