What Plugin does this?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by DocDrewskii, May 27, 2018.

1. Hey, I have been searching for hours, but I do not know where it could be found/done. Im thinking that this is custom coded, If it is, I'll code it myself ;)
    [​IMG]

2. V
    Could you give some more information? Where did you found it, what does it do....

3. I found it on PvpingMC, It is a plugin where it gets all the players blocks, the heads are the spawners, and the other blocks are what they look like

4. If you are keen on coding it yourself: https://bukkit.org/threads/tutorial-create-a-inventory-menu.173571/
    Code (Java):

if (clicked.getType() == Material.IRON) { // The item that the player clicked it dirt
        event.setCancelled(true); // Make it so the dirt is back in its original spot
        player.closeInventory(); // Closes there inventory
        player.getInventory().addItem(new ItemStack(Material.GOLD, 2));
    }

ASSUMING you want to give the player those items but also keep them in that inventory. This code will give the player 2 gold and still keep the gold in that inventory.

5. Never seen it, but it’s not difficult to made it

6. After a bit of searching, i've found this. Not sure if it's helpful in any way. here.

7. I mostly code with Skript, and to be honest Skript is a very easy-to learn "language".
    Creating such a inventory / GUI is super simple. I'd recommend it coding yourself. ;)

8. Java is easy to learn too, search "OCaml" for example, it is a strange functionnal language beauty.

9. For some it might be easy and for some hard. It heavily depends on your knowledge and actually learning the keywords isn't that hard but being good at coding is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I guess, Ill have to code it by myself, As I have been doing research for days and could not find it, But It isnt a big deal, because It is a very simple, but professional looking plugin. I have the gui already seup, I just need to setup getting the blocks on ones island, and registering them.

11. May I ask what language you use to make the plugin?

12. Java ^^’

13. I use java, But I may have to learn some script because It is a lightweight plugin, That would be better as a script

14. If you know Java it’s better to use that

15. Strahan

Benefactor

Nothing is better as a Skript. Native Java will always be superior.

16. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

....what if we made skript a PROPER programming language though?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Strahan

Benefactor

It's not so much the language "semantics" that bother me, it's that your "code" has to go through an interpreter sitting on top of Java so it's just an extra step. You get less functionality and more overhead. Not that it isn't great for casual users who have no desire to leap headfirst into programming; just cuz some of us find it very enjoyable doesn't mean it isn't confusing hell for others :)

But personally, meh. I'd prefer to do all projects in Java.

18. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

i was talking about making it a proper language like java, python..etc..etc..etc...not what it is currently >.>
    and eh, less functionality...true however it's probably because devs haven't really gave access to java related things *shrug*

19. My plugin doesen't have that gui but I am attempting to make one

20. I tried learning Java for about 1 month. And to be honest, I didn't enjoy a single minute trying it. It's because you'll have to learn lots of symbols, condiotions, etc. While in Skript you basically make plugins in regular English sentences. Which makes it pretty easy to learn it and the second advantage of it is that it's very lightweight.