What plugin should I make?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Synic, May 28, 2016.

1. Hello Spigot Community,

As stated in the title, I am looking for plugins to create to expand my portfolio. However, I have some guidelines that I must address before suggesting an idea.

Guidelines:
    • Plugin must not be too complex. Extremely challenging plugins take up too much time to think about (or may not even be within my capabilities). I'm still in school with tons of research papers to do and have to prepare stuff for college.
    • Plugin must not be too simple. Although I have mentioned I don't want something too complex to create, I don't want something too easy either because that does not show my full capabilities as a developer.
    • Plugin must not be too big. Looking for a max of two-weeks for a plugin to be finished. I'm not interested in developing large mini-games that take over a month to create and debug.
    • Plugin must not be something that already exists as a resource (with multiple versions). Examples: KitPvP, Crates, Tokens, etc...)
    Overall, just let me know of any plugin that would be very useful and has not been created extensively.

Thank you,
    Synic

2. A command cooldown plugin that actually works ?

3. Thank you, I'll make that.

4. Let me know when you do :D

5. Make a simple spigot api for add protection to premium resourses devs for enables or disabled plugins if this is re-sell or share for free.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. What.

@OP: Custom tree generators, Flying ridable pigs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well anticheat plugins are always in demand

8. I wouldn't be able to beat AAC nor have I worked with packets extensively enough to create an AntiCheat plugin.

9. You know what I think is a great quality in a developer, creativity. I myself have considered coming to the spigot forums and asking the same thing you are. However, I didn't. I didn't come here for 1 reason. I believe that creativity is an essential quality of a developer, someone who can be creative about not only ideas, but how to solve issues, how to go outside of the box. While my current Spigot portfolio is quite a joke, my other projects I've done after I spent some time working on an a gamemode I designed have been excellent and I account it to my creativity. So, before you try any ideas given here, think of something YOU want to make, what interests you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. There is a plugin that had died a while back, that I would love to have again. It is called protection stones and it was simply the best.

If you do not want to read my description, then you can go here: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/protectionstones/?page=5

So without further adieu:

--- Basic plugin description ---

Protection stones allowed a player to have a certain block to protect a cubed land mass around the placed block.

In the config of the plugin, you could set the type of block used to protect player regions, customize the size of the region that the block would protect, and customize if it protected a cuboid region (EXAMPLE: Coal Ore protected 11x11x11 from the block) or from BEDROCK to SKY (EXAMPLE: Coal Ore would protect 11x11xSET BUILD HEIGHT to BEDROCK), and set up flags for newly created regions to start off with.

The main blocks used by default we're Coal Ore, Lapis Ore, and Diamond Ore since they would drop the resource when mined instead of the ore itself. It could also be set in the config to not allow/allow the ores to drop if a player is using a tool with Silk Touch, forcing players to buy them from a server shop (the better option if you ask me).

We were also able to set OTHER blocks as protection stones in the config file as well (I would use Emerald Ore since the other 3 were good enough).

Here is a link to all commands used for this plugin as I would not want any of their functions to change: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/protectionstones/pages/commands/

I really hope you can help out many servers who have used, and loved this plugin. Keeping it up to date is I am sure very hard, and time consuming. But we would all very much appreciate your time that you would dedicate to this plugin. Thank you for reading, and I hope you consider my request.

11. I have spent a lot of time thinking but I couldn't come up with anything that isn't feasible/isn't already made. Also, I'm more concerned about what most server owners would want than what I would want. But you are right: creativity is key and I lack that key.

Some of them look interesting. Might take up some of them. Thank you.

Will take into consideration. Looks interesting and I haven't hooked onto WorldGuard before so it will be a new experience. Thank you.

12. no problem =)

13. Custom enchant plugin

14. Make a BlockRegen plugin, shouldnt be to complex :p

15. Make a plugin that will log everything in a database :)

16. Could you elaborate a bit?

I do want to do something with databases since I haven't touched SQL at all. Thanks.

17. Like whenever a block, sign etc.. is broken by an explosion is regenerates it back to what it was before the explosion! I have been looking for a plugin like that for awhile! :p

18. Cool :) can't wait to see it!