What plugins do you use for this, and a question?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Silverbrit, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Hello,

I was just wondering what plugin you use to get color codes to work on signs, if you don't use a plugin that works as well.

Also, how do you make it so whenever you join the server you are always in creative?

Thanks

2. To get color signs you can use a plugin like essentials, but you have to enable color signs in the config.

To make everyone in creative you have to edit your server.properties to

Code (Text):
    gamemode=1

0 is for survival
    1 stands for Creative mode
    2 is for Adventure.

3. 1. Essentials config, find sign types remove the '#' in front of color.
    2. Change the gamemode in server properties I believe.

4. Alright thanks for the sign help however I seem to have misworded my second question, How do I make it so ONLY I have creative when I join my faction server and it keeps everyone else as survival.

5. type /gamemode 1?

Edit: Ohh also, if you mean you want the default gamemode to be survival
    make sure its set to gamemode=0

6. I know I can just type /gamemode 1 but that gets annoying every time I join the server, I think when I had the plugin multiverse it remembered my last gamemode.

Also everyone is already in survival, I don't need to change the global gamemode. Just I want to change the default gamemode just for me... if that is possible :)

7. I believe if you are in Creative and logout, then relog you will still be in Creative...

There must be a plugin interfering with this, would you mind listing all your plugins?

8. Dmck2b

Services Staff

Afaik, multiverse has a bypass node so that your stay in the same gamemode. Did you previously have '*' or op? That might be why.

9. XZo

XZo

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Personally I wouldn't use that, Essentials has a lot more features including the color signs, and is constantly updated. Compared to the last update of March 26 ... 2012 for this plugin

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. XZo

XZo

And thats the exact reason most of us wouldn't randomly install Essentials, because it does so much stuff. OP asked for a coloured sign plugin. Not a full core server plugin.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Yes but most people have it, therefore why get another plugin which runs the same code?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Why is adding many useful features to a server bad?
    An alternative I would use would be CommandBook. Besides that, you cant run a successful public server without using one of those plugins.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I already had essentials, and I forgot that essentials had that option, so I didn't need anymore plugins. Thanks guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1