1.16.5 What should I add? (CustomCore Development)

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by 84875redjuf, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Hello,
    I'm making a custom core and I'm wondering some ideas to add. My staff team said they didn't want permissions so please don't comment that! I will have a resource for it once it's done and out of development!

Thanks <3

2. What do you mean when you say "custom core"? Like, a custom plugin that provides basic functionality?

If so, here is what I put in my core plugins:
    - Configuration loading
    - Commands (/msg, /channel, /help, /tempban, /mute, /shout, /warp)
    - Database connectivity + any necessary abstraction
    - Custom User class with extra user data
    - Ranks
    - Custom chat
    - Lag meter/TPS monitor
    - Utilities, like simple number rounding, converting locations to strings, concatenating arguments, etc.
    - APIs for all of this, so that other plugins/modules can access them
    - Login functionality (if you want to use that) + log filtering for that

Personally I like to house a lot under one plugin and rely on code modules rather than plugins to separate functionality, so sometimes I'll also include:
    - Event handlers
    - NMS abstraction layers
    - Custom statistics manager

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds like something I might be able to do! I will let you have a resource link once I'm done!

4. No permissions? That's kinda dumb, unless you are checking if they have certain ranks... but that's still kinda dumb, imagine if you wanted to add a command from another plugin to a certain rank, and you'd have to remake the command, then check if they have the rank. You should add permissions anyway for commands from other plugins.