What version of Java does MCProHosting run on?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Bolt, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What version of java does MCProHosting run on? I'm creating a plugin and when it runs, it throws an UnsupportedClassVersionError : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 From what I read, it meant that the jar was compiled with Java 8 while the JRE runs on an older version. However, I also tested it with JDK 7 and it still threw an error.

2. Maybe 6?

3. I've heard they run 7. They don't intend to Java 8 (I had a friend ask way before, he said they replied with that.)

4. But try 6, because that error shouldn't be happening (to my understandings)

5. I don't really think that it's Java 6..
    It's WAYY too old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Bolt what error did it throw when you compiled it with Java 7?

7. If you wanna change your mcProHosting Java Version rename Your jar file to custom18 so it's Java 8
    and go to your control panel and change your custom jar name to custom18

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Almost a year....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I don't think that's how that works... You can run different versions of bukkit and minecraft but you can't change the Java version from a jar. And renaming won't do anything.

10. MCProHosting could have done something to change the java version. It's very possible, check the file name, if it ends with 18.jar then use java 8 otherwise use java 7.

11. People, why reply? This thread is dead, it was a necro, jesus christ...

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.