What Would You Expect From A Good Join Plugin?

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Development' started by IronChun, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Hey! I am a very new developer and i am wanting to do custom plugins for experience and what not. These custom plugins will obviously be posted for free on spigot after i am done. I am just wondering, what would you guys expect from a custom join plugin? What features would you like added from one? Configs? Logs? Any others? I also will be taking any plugin ideas that anyone thinks are easy to make and what not. Sorry if i don't accept some ideas, it is because i am a VERY new developer, i have only started java around 5 days ago. Thank you very much in advance!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I wish you luck!
    Just remember to shop around on other plugins and make sure your 'custom' plugin has not already been made.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Alright i will do that, thank you for your opinion:D Any plugins you think i should watch out for?

4. Search join plugin into google, that will do :p

5. Some ideas to start practicing:
    • Custom join / quit messages
    • Command log
    • /gm
    • /home and /sethome
    • /spawn and /setspawn
    • /fly
    Just please don't post them as a resource because we have enough already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Alright, will do!

7. Best of luck!

8. Hey,

the essential functions of a join plugin are clearly
    • an option that allows creating custom join and leave messages
    • a function that sends the user a specified text
    • maybe, if you feel ready, a maintenance mode, that refuses users without a specific permission from joining the server, and kicks everyone who hasn't the permission after switched on
    These functions could be configured in a config.
    In a few years, if you are more familiar with java programming, you'll realize that the first plugins you wrote are inefficient - this SHOULD NOT STOP YOU from programming. Everybody starts small, and the quality of his projects grows together with his experience.
    So, I wish you good luck and a lot's of fun with java, it can be wonderful as well as frustrating, you'll see soon.

Bye.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1