whats the best permissions plugin

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by jessegeerts, May 6, 2015.

1. Hey i am looking for an good permissions plugin with mysql support
    Also if needed i am able to spend 5 euro for the plugin

2. PermissionsEx and zPermissions both offer MySQL support and are free.

I personally use GroupManager, but I think zPermissions would be best if you are primarily relying on a SQL backend.

#2 coolv1994, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I vouch for zPermissions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Count me in

• Like Like x 1
  5. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Just another +1 for zPermissions. I switched to it from PEX and I've never looked back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tnx for the reply`s, i am going to try zPermissions :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. well it wont load
    Code (Text):

[13:41:08] [Server thread/INFO]: [zPermissions] Enabling zPermissions v1.3-SNAPSHOT
    [13:41:08] [Server thread/INFO]: [zPermissions] 1.3-SNAPSHOT (build: da5b510f9c20) starting...
    [13:41:08] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling zPermissions v1.3-SNAPSHOT (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.cache.CacheBuilder.maximumSize(I)Lcom/google/common/cache/CacheBuilder;
        at org.tyrannyofheaven.bukkit.zPermissions.util.uuid.MojangUuidResolver.<init>(MojangUuidResolver.java:47) ~[?:?]
        at org.tyrannyofheaven.bukkit.zPermissions.ZPermissionsPlugin.onEnable(ZPermissionsPlugin.java:482) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1d14d5f-ba32592]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:335) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1d14d5f-ba32592]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1d14d5f-ba32592]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R2.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:356) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1d14d5f-ba32592]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R2.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:316) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1d14d5f-ba32592]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R2.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:200) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1d14d5f-ba32592]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:522) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1d14d5f-ba32592]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_45]

So what should i do?

8. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Are you using this one?

https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/zPermissions/

9. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

The Spigot team updated zPermissions to 1.8+ to ensure compatibility with Spigot. However, for future releases, the author will need to update it in order to add new features to his work.

10. Inkzzz

Resource Staff

PermissionEX is good, as well as SQLPerms ($15 Premium Plugin).
    Both of the noted plugins support MySQL.

11. but what about server cross rank sync?

12. Inkzzz

Resource Staff

13. AngelRani

Supporter

You can use PermissionsEX and have a plugin like SimpleCommandScheduler run /pex reload every minute. That is what I do.

14. If youre using /pex reload to update the ranks then downgrade to 1.23

15. Honestly, zPermissions is the best there is. Although PEX and GroupManager are strong competitors.

16. AngelRani

Supporter

Why do you say that?

17. Why do you need to run /pex reload every minute?

18. AngelRani

Supporter

I use MySQL and share permissions accross servers. As far as I know, it doesn't sync automatically like zPermissions does.