What's wrong with my pex perm file?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by ICITE, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Pex recently stopped outputting feedback to my commands. For example, if I do /pex nothing would be returned. so I had spent an hour or so troubleshooting to trying to figure out what was wrong with pex. After trying a bunch of different versions I found out that my version was fine but it was the permissions file. I found this out because I just decided to delete the folder with the config and perm file. I kept the perm file and tried putting it back in and the problem reoccurred. So I am wondering, what is wrong with my file? I dont mind re-entering all the permissions and prefixes and stuff like that, but it would be a HUGE help if I dont have to.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Q7eXa5aC

Huge thanks to whoever can help :D

Edit: The pex version is 1.23.4 FYI

2. I was having trouble with the plugin like this, decided to go for luckperms, it works, and allows you to bring over all the perms. I think the problem is with essentials though

3. Every time I tried to use PEX it failed. Groupmanager as well. Maybe it's time to get out of the mainstream since I got the same problem, but I can't seem to figure out how luckyperms works... can i only do it with commands?

4. Alright I will look into luckperms. Thanks for the advice.

5. I do warn you that it's a very difficult plugin to learn, check for tutorials, it's not like pex at all

6. I did see somewhere in a tutoreal on how to make it configurable outside of the console, so it is possible, I personally like configuring it better in c++ as well

7. To answer the original question, on line 228 that says " archduke:" try deleting one of the spaces so there's only two spaces instead of three.

Also, for future reference if you are having trouble with your YAML files try entering it into a YAML parser such as http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/. It'll save you a lot of trouble

8. That is what it was! Thank you for the website and the fix! I appreciate it very much!

• Like Like x 1