Where do i report plugin leaks of mine?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by VolmitSoftware, May 14, 2016.

1. Not sure where to report them or who to report them to.

2. From my understanding their nothin you can do about it (if the site allows leaking). It's not like Spigot has control over a place like Leak Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. No, someone mentioned it previously to me. I just need to know where specifically.

4. I believe you can contact the company that hosts the download such as Mega, Mediafire, etc and get it removed directly.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. I think there is an ability where there is an md5 check on the jar files. If it doesnt match, it is disabled and deleted. Just need to find the right person to talk to

6. Get the download link...

7. Thanks.... But the download is direct from blackspigotmc There isnt a file sharing website in which i can file a dmca or request it be taken down.

8. Yeah, theres nothin you can do about it (as I expected) because the ppl hosting it would allow such to be uploaded :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I think there is an ability where there is an md5 check on the jar files. If it doesnt match, it is disabled and deleted. Just need to find the right person to talk to

Or simply blacklist a version

10. Not sure how you would fight that. If you catch spigot staff online that don't appear to be busy, I'd recommend asking them.

11. You could implement your own "anti-piracy" code... Just be very clever about it. You can file a DMCA on the website, there are websites offering such services for a price... Not really sure how far you would get with it though TBH.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anti-piracy would only prolong the problem.

Decompile, recompile, yadayada

13. I've heard of it but that wouldn't remove the download or make the plugin stop working because you have to put that into your code. It's more of a DRM technique than a takedown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. No, its code in spigot. It disables and deletes plugins...

15. If that was true it would mean there would be a 'cracked' version of spigot going around (which to my knowledge their isn't). Theres no sure-fire way to stop piracy dude, sorry. If billion dollar companies still can't do it, what makes you so sure spigot can?

16. Would still only be as effective as some generic anti-piracy code, people would still just decompile and modify it...

17. If they decompile it however, it would give me a chance to run an md5 check for a difference.

18. I don't want to tag anyone, but I know at least one plugin dev on here has a system that detects illegally obtained copies of their plugins and I've heard the distributors of such plugins get banned from spigotmc. This is what I've heard...

19. I think i might know a way to do it. But i need to code up an authentication server lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Good luck bro - and your React premium resource is sick you are very talented.