Where to advertise server?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by neilnet, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hey,

Got $70-90 I want to spend for advertising p/month.

Where can I spend it, I need a place that will atleast get me 10-20 players on per fortnight.

2. joehot200

Supporter

Youtube is a good place.

3. If anything, on forums, such as gaming or MC related, have the server's advertisement image in your signature.

4. We've never spent $$$ on advertising - word of mouth does a really great job.

Although just starting up in these days I think you have to find some way to get your name out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That'd be great if you have an idea, like us, that you don't see much of.
    Basic idea of survival on my server is: If it isn't protected, free game to all.
    Which does attract a few people here and there, but we get a number of complains from those who join and don't understand the fact we have Towny, LWC, and an anti cheat.
    So word of mouth for us kinda doesn't work out too well.

6. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

Never spent a dime, though I have been tempted.

Might do some partnering with Youtubers if I ever setup a unique/custom game.
    Probably after school has started and everything has settled down.

7. You must go to a very laid back school if that is when things settle down.
    You could consider purchasing rotating banner space on some minecraft top sites.

8. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

I wish I was still in High School, no worries at all.
    What I meant was when school for the kids have started and I see what my average player base will be at the time.
    Think it starts for many of them next week or so, not sure its been a while since I was in school.

They generally cost $3-8k on the good sites, not worth it.
    Would rather pay $10 to each new player who logs on and hope they stay. :D

9. Let me know how partnering goes... cause my cubeworld server has 2-5 youtube celebs already haha... cant keep french people away =/

10. Whoa. Which "celebs" might they be?

• Agree Agree x 1