Where to learn Minecraft Plugin Development?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by FishBurger987, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!
    I am searching for sites that teach me how to make minecraft plugins with java.
    I am a really lazy person if it comes to learning so the best things that work for me is online courses or youtube videos but that often doesn't get me moving to learning.
    If anyone knows something please let me know.
    By the way I know some stuff but other than those I am pretty much a beginner.

Bye, Levi.

2. Based on the fact that you know java, if you understand Spanish this guy has made pretty cool plugins and is where i learned how to use spigot:

BTW programming is not for lazy people you´ll have to spend so many hours to get a decent level. Also to be a curious person (what i mean its not to just make what appears on videos) will help a lot!.

Here is the video (currently there are 23 of them constantly uploading more):

#2 PablockDA, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  3. I started with a single written guide that basically told me how to make a plugin that enables and how to make a basic command for it. From there, I looked for how to make things that sounded interesting on the forums here, whether that be the Spigot wiki, threads made by others, or even on the other Bukkit forums.

As long as you don't mind reading a bit, it's probably a better option than watching YouTube channels/videos explaining it, simply because they tend not to explain things in-depth, and it's very easy to miss something without finding it again or being sure where to look back to. Of course, there's also just that not everything is covered by videos, generally speaking.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. You can also post a link to it beforehand so that regardless if OP speaks Spanish or not, others that are looking for the same thing might also benefit from the link if they come across this thread.

For me, I learned how to write my first plugin from https://www.youtube.com/user/betterphp/videos.
    (he's a former DBO staff member named Jacek btw).

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. 1. Learn java, if you have 10$ or more. You should buy this course https://www.udemy.com/java-the-complete-java-developer-course/learn/v4/overview it has a really good explanation.

2. If you don't like tutorials on youtube, I recommended this course https://www.udemy.com/develop-minecraft-plugins-java-programming/learn/v4/t/lecture/10674674, it has a really good really good explanation, discord server, good support (they'll respond your question FAST). Btw the authors seems to be really active and the author also making a tutorial for making a minigame plugin rn, so I'm really recommended you to buy it

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Done, much better now i think.

7. foncused

Moderator Patron

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks, but I don't understand spanish, I only understand English and Hungarian.

9. I've just bought this 2 days ago and I am at lecture 27. I don't have money anymore.

What I meant by that is I get bored by a few hours but the next day I go back with confidence of doing it again.

10. There is places all over youtube, but if you wanted to learn some basics of Minecraft plugin development, and some basics of Java so you can start making some basics, add me on discord at MCMarter#1110

11. Discord says you've blocked friend requests from other people so you'll have to add me! Cápa \\ MCJava, Config //#1234

12. "I am a really lazy person" is this for you then?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.