Which host?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by coolMJW, May 26, 2015.

1. Hey there.

I've been using ServerMiner for the past 2 years, and I can tell you they are NOT worth your money. They are overpriced compared to most hosts and their service is rather bad.

I'm here to ask, what host should I use, I'm looking to convert my multiworld server into a bungee one, however, I need to find a good host.

I've been looking at frostbite hosting, which is rather cheap and good quality, just it doesn't come with a MySQL database as far as I know. Any idea how I could either "A. host one cheaply." and "B. I use enjin so there's no point in me paying for cPanel or whatnot."

If you could answer any of these questions I'd be grateful.

-Mawgon

2. what is your budget?

3. Get a Kimsufi box. You can then host your network and maybe a website all on one box. If you don't like OVH, get a Ramnode VPS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Something in the realms of £10 a month, just a small server to start with.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. I'm going to need further explanation as to what that means? >.< (Sorry, I'm decent at configuring servers to my liking, but that's about it!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. If you don't know what it means, you're probably best sticking with a shared host.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. shockbyte costs $2.50 for each GB!

https://www.shockbyte.com

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had good experiences with Minerack.org and Shockbyte.

Both have strong CPUs, good price/GB, and Ddos protection included.

Minerack has no upcharge for a dedicated IP or Mysql, which is pretty awesome.

9. Website not secure. Possibly containing viruses.

• Like Like x 1
  10. wow they cant afford then an SSL cert :p

11. Maybe if he used the correct terminology instead of an abbreviation it would be easier.

12. Well, fuck. I had a shockbyte server for quite a while. Am I utterly screwed?

13. for me is the SSL certificate safe

http://prntscr.com/79o65d

• Like Like x 1
  14. Depends if u got a good anti virus.

15. Umm, so shockbyte is trying to give me a virus? For me they have a valid SSL cert...