Who can take over the LWC plugin?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Chevels, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Hello,
    the developer of Entity-LWC has surrendered today. He did a great job but obviously did not have the shoulders to keep the project at the slightest difficulty. I have always been very grateful for the work of the developers, and thank him a lot for his investment.
    Now, it makes the mouth but we need to move on. Is a developer ready to take over the LWC project?

I have a great respect for the developers and the time they spend on their free time to provide us with great plugins. I often pay developers for their work or voluntarily choose paid plugins. But I can not stand the cowards who go so far as to delete downloads and penalize even those who have contributed one day or the other or who have always been courteous and grateful.

A girl a little disappointed

2. He did not delete anything. There is a version history!

3. Yes, but when you click on the download link (external site) a message is displayed instead of the download...

4. External site just means the download is from a site that's not Spigot.

5. To be honest, if I worked on it, I'd continue from where Hidendra left and choose from situation to situation which of the changes of Entity LWC I'd merge and which ones not. There are more than just a few complaints about performance and the repository and versioning of Entity LWC are, partionally, not ideal.

6. That's just the latest, there's a Version History ..

7. Then please don't be the new developer, because many people have since 1.8 moved to 1.9 and 1.10, and 1.11 and 1.12 and eventually 1.13.
    EntityLWC permissions have made changes to many servers in various ways. Skipping over that is just poor development.

I rather you start fresh and have a new import feature for old LWC and EntityLWC databases - for 1.13.

8. [​IMG]
    Skipping over what doesn't benefit the project is not poor development. To be honest, it seems to me that you did not even compare both repositories. What you just wrote is based on assumptions that my post clearly did not suggest.

9. That is correct, I replied to what you posted here. It's not my job to compare code to what I already use. That said, you said "if .. I had worked on it", implying you did not, posing a hypothetical. That's what my response is to.

If you wish to start devving LWC, make sure those on EntityLWC can upgrade to it as well. Otherwise all those who aren't on 1.8 are going to end up rating your release with 1 stars as well, as they do.

I have a feeling you won't be coming out with a 1.13 LWC that matches existing servers already running lwc.