Who is a good webhost?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by TreasonK, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Who is a good webhost that is affordable and worth the price?

2. I use ExtraVM and it's gone really well so far, it's owned by @MikeA so it's certainly reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you already have a dedicated server or VPS, I recommend setting up a webserver on it and putting it behind cloudflare.
    It's free and performs better than any budget webhost ever will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks for the recommendation
    I haven't yet got one of those, I am using shared hosting at the moment from Anvil Node but good idea

5. Awesome

6. If you're willing to do your own thing, (there are cheaper than what I'm recommending but I've been using it for about 3-4 years now) Digital Ocean has $5 plans and should be within spec. How many players are we talking that are going to be looking at your website?

7. As said by @Ryan00793, DigitalOcean is a great choice for web hosting :)

Id use them any day and have been using them for about 2 years now with only 10 minutes downtime.

• Like Like x 1
  8. May also check out one.com :D.

9. Try Spartan Hosting, I am impressed on what $1.50 PER month (yes month to month billing no yearly BS) can buy you. :)

10. Vultr and digitalocean but if you have a huge budget then is azure something for you

11. FormallyMyles

Supporter

Here to chip in, I personally use Namecheap. Fantastic support and goes for $1 a year in their Black Friday deals. :)

Otherwise you could pick up a server from somewhere like Ramnode (128mb ram) and host it there with something like VestaCP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. But their is "batteries are included". Who wants FTP ONLY? Plus at that rate the servers are probably frying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Clovux.net is quite good. I've used them in the past and all was good :)

14. OVH has some budget webhosting, but you can take vps ssd1 and keep a webhost there

15. There are too many web hosting companies out there in market which can be more useful and delivering best services since long time. You can pick one with good reviews and reputation.

16. 4chan

Supporter

Hosts I recommend (you can install web servers on these services, don't buy their shared hosting packages):
    • OVH
    • Linode
    • Namecheap
    • ReliableSite
    • Rackspace
    • ???
    • That's it
    Shared hosting plans usually come with 3many limit5me or get too many clients per server. Get VPS/Dedi kthnxgoodluck.

17. I would recommend getting a VPS from a company like OVH. (OVH's prices are a lot more appealing than for example digital oceans prices)