Why can't people join my server?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Emmi232, Jun 10, 2016.

1. I'm not sure what to call this thread to be honest or if i even puut it under the right category. I've ran my server for a while now and have been googling why my console does not show and i fount that its because I always left click the .jar spigot thing to open it this is because if I click the Run.bat it does run the server, and open the console but none of my friends are able to join unless I run it by left clicking the .jar

This is my first thread and so I'm not sure if you need anymore information and you may have to dumb down alot of anything and I'm probably just being stupid and it's obvious but i have been researching and I don't really know to be honest thanks :)

2. Are you able to post the contents of your run.bat?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. java -Xmx1028M -jar spigot.jar

if that's what you mean?

4. It is odd that you can't run.bat the jar without having your friends running into a connection issue, but is there a specific error message that appears when they try connecting through you running the jar without a run.bat?

if so please state it

5. try this

Code (Text):
    @echo off
    java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar spigot.jar
    pause
    pasted from wiki

6. You could always try paid hosting... If it's just for your friends and you, you could probably get a server from MineRack or ShockByte for $2.5/month.

7. It just could not find the server

Thanks i tried it and my friend said that it was continueaously (i cant spell) pinging but it came up with
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further infomation

8. did you configure your port correctly to open 25565

9. Thanks I'm not sure how much that is in pounds but I don't think I'm going to pay as my server works fine as it is i just cant get console open and have people able to join at the same time.

10. If you mean is the port set 25565, then yes that's the port...

11. No no. you need to configure your internet or router to open up the port of 25565 so that people can join. google up how to open port 25565 for minecraft server :p

12. Thannnnkkss I googled it and I am almost certain my dad did this for me when I first set up my server

13. almost certain = go check right now xD

if it isn't that, im not sure what else is your problem o_o. can you take a screenshot of your sever directory/folder?

14. Ok yes I am certain :p What do you mean by server directory folder? Like the first folder i open to run the server and has plugins folder logs folder world etc?

15. What's the name of the file you left-click to run the server, and what Minecraft version is it? Also, is Run.bat in the same folder as that file?

16. test.jpg
    Thankss In the picture the pink is what I normally left click to run, that does not open console and the blue is the Run.bat that opens the server with console only allowing me to join, they're both in the same folder. I hope that helps? :) Oh it's also 1.8

17. What happens when you left-click Run.bat? Is there an error?

18. No, not that i see it opens fine, It does run the server and opens console like normally, But when i run it like that no one can join, Like it does not appear as open to them

19. Can you PasteBin a log file from when you used Run.bat instead of just left-clicking spigot.jar?

20. I'm going to be honest I never make forums as i manage to find an answer elsewhere so I a not sure how to use Paste Bin, but this is the link http://pastebin.com/jrZYAmH3

#20 Emmi232, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016