Why do I get so many TPS drops? help!

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Kangaroozy, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Look at your essentials timings
    Looks like there's some command (probably warp?) that takes a ton of time, likely teleporting players to unloaded chunks, triggering a ton of chunk loads at once. That'd definitely cause some nice TPS drops ;)

That BoilingCauldrons plugin also looks rather heavy, I'd look into that if I were you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. How would I do that? ;o

3. Essentials: Lower your view distance and get a plugin that constantly loads the chunks around warps. A faster storage medium (SSD vs HDD) also helps, but in 2020 I sincerely hope you are not running on an HDD

BoilingCauldrons: First check for updates, if you are on the newest version and it is still garbage, either find a better plugin that does the same thing or hire someone to make (or fix) it for you.

4. 1.31% 1,196.83% 4.19 s 598.41 ms 0.0 0.0k Task: TimedTeleport$1DelayedTeleportTask(Single)
    Like said above, essentials teleportation seems to be the issue. This could be caused by an overuse of the home and/or warp commands.
    You could maybe add a cooldown to the commands or put a fee to use them to discourage players from spamming them.