Why does this happen?!

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Grid21, May 19, 2015.

1. I downloaded the latest buildtools.jar. Ran the command
    Code (Text):
    java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.8.4
    BuildTools then went about it's business, then right at the end I got this error. Why does keep happening and WHY can I NEVER get this to work?!? Please I don't understand what is going on.

Code (Text):

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Reactor Summary:
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Spigot-API ......................................... SUCCESS [ 13.753 s]
    [INFO] Spigot-Parent ...................................... SUCCESS [  0.348 s]
    [INFO] Spigot ............................................. FAILURE [ 27.594 s]
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 41.850 s
    [INFO] Finished at: 2015-05-19T16:26:26-04:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 26M/467M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-shade-plugin:2.3:shade (default) on project spigot: Error creating shaded jar: C:\Users\josh\Desktop\BukkitDownloads\Spigot\Spigot-Server\dependency-reduced-pom.xml (Access is denied) -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
    [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :spigot
    Error compiling Spigot, are you running this jar via msysgit?
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [sh, C:\Users\josh\Desktop\BukkitDownloads\apache-maven-3.2.3/bin/mvn, clean, install]
        at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:492)
        at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:395)

EDIT: Could I please get some help here??

#1 Grid21, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. Can ANYONE help me please?? I need help understanding why this is happening.

3. Still looking for help please. All the information I've already stated above.

4. maybe this clears your sight
    maybe you'll give out some rights

5. I found out what was going on. Because I was running the jar on my desktop, Windows wasn't allowing certain files to be written because of a permissions issue as you pointed out. I am terribly sorry. I don't know anything about Java and therefore assumed it was something I couldn't fix without asking for help. :p

6. I am also experiencing this problem. I have created a folder in documents, and ran the build tools in there. I keep getting the same error over and over again (Access Denied). I would really, really appreciate the help if someone replied.

7. ssamjh

Try making the folder in the root of your hard drive and build it from there.

8. Thanks for the answer. I had actually just successfully compiled it a few minutes ago. It compiles successfully at random sometimes for me. it took 10 attempts for it to work