Will this work with Spigot?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by SlenderNinja, Dec 27, 2012.

1. So, I have been creating a server since March 2012. I've been cleaning the code on plugins to improve performance greatly and take out parts that I don't want, and have been inspired by the work of my favourite server, Empire Minecraft. So, what I have so far is
    Chestshop
    Essentials Economy (Edited to my liking :) It's no longer as tacky as it was :p)
    FirstJoinPlus
    Factions
    PlotMe
    Essentials
    Survival Games
    Mob Arena
    Multi-verse

I had been using Bukkit, and I was making plans to transition over to craftbukkit++, then I heard of Spigot when Empire Minecraft started to use it, and now that Craftbukkit++ is dead I definitely have to move to spigot. So many performance upgrades...it's a beautiful piece of work :)
    Just want to know if Spigot has cross-compatibility with all of these.

2. I have been running spigot for more then a few months and i have never ran into an
    incompatible plugin, besides one that does version check, which hopefully you can disable in
    the config or something much like towny.

Unless the plugin has weird chunk loading algorithms, should be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've run into a new problem :p I imported my files from a USB stick when my old computer shown its first signs of dying. And then it did die and I got a new computer for christmas.

The bad thing about this new computer is that it runs Windows 8, and for some reason it won't start the server. I've updated my Java and downloaded JRE, infact I code with Java so I basically have everything that relates to Java - and i'm getting a .BAT file that won't run correctly. This is the error I get:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

4. Once I get some sleep i'm going to look into my problem further - I think there may be a problem with the way my copy of Windows 8 is handling batch files as i've run into this problem with something else. If I find I can't fix this problem i'm just going to juice my old computer of its files - I don't care if there might have been a problem with its OS that killed it.

5. have you added java to the system path?

6. I don't really care if I sound like a noob - but how do I do that on Windows 8?

7. ...Weird, i've been trying what it says to do for a day now and nothing works :/ I've looked up a youtube video and apparently I don't even have Java installed.

8. which java did you install, and whats your path?

9. The latest Java, and this is my path:
    ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\bin

10. weird, and java.exe is inside that bin folder fine? What happens if you use the full paths?

i.e:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\bin\java.exe -jar craftbukkit.jar

11. Nothing happens whatsoever.

12. might need to put "s around the path.

13. For some reason, I have the 64 bit version of Windows 8, however I have 32 bit version files for some reason and that's where my Java folder is. I installed the 64 bit version of JDK and that hasn't shown up in the Java folder, so I think I may have found the answer to my problems. This whole thing has been a weird experience xD

14. does windows 8 have program files and program files x86 like win 7?

15. Yes, it does...for me atleast.