World deleted, any recovery options?

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by Joshuak52, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, guys so bad news today. I was running spigot 1.14.4 and one of my plugins wasn't working so my developer thought it could be a spigot problem and wanted me to try paper (only to see if it was a spigot problem)

I logged in and my spawn was gone. all of it.

I tried switching back to spigot 1.14.4 quickly but it was too late. The spawn is still gone.
    Any recovery options for me? I still have the world folder I didn't know if there was something inside I can do to fix this problem

#1 Joshuak52, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

So you ran a 1.15 server and then downgraded to 1.14? Downgrading the world will most likely not work. Your log however does not seem to contain errors that look like the world would be deleted, ideally you would run a version update with --forceUpgrade though to make sure everything is converted. There are some plugin errors due to them not supporting 1.15 though so maybe them not loading had something to do with the world not showing up? You should see if these plugins have updates so you can get the world working with 1.15.

Of course the easier solution would be to restore from a backup but you don't sound like you have some. I suggested starting to regularly take some of your whole setup from now on (e.g. by using rsnapshot).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.