Spigot World Downloader API / WDLCompanion 1.2.0

The official implementation of the World Downloader plugin channel API

1. Great, looking forward to it. Been watching that output for many many months (years now?). :p Hopefully the refactoring won't be too far away.

2. Bump. ^^ Any update on this? Even outputting 3 times now for the same player when teleporting around.

Code (Text):
    [16:05:24] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] Player player has WDL installed.
    [16:05:24] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] They are located in world spawn, at 79.50582916826475, 10.0, 1.9597071928151677.
    [16:05:24] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] They are running WDL version {"X-RTFM":"http://wiki.vg/Plugin_channels/World_downloader","X-UpdateNote":"The plugin message system will be changing shortly.  Please stay tuned.","Version":"4.0.1.6","State":"Init?"}.
    6:05:38] [Server thread/INFO]: player issued server command: /spawn
    [16:05:43] [Server thread/INFO]: player issued server command: /home a
    [16:05:44] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] Player player has WDL installed.
    [16:05:44] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] They are located in world world, at -196.5, 72.0, 820.5.
    [16:05:44] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] They are running WDL version {"X-RTFM":"http://wiki.vg/Plugin_channels/World_downloader","X-UpdateNote":"The plugin message system will be changing shortly.  Please stay tuned.","Version":"4.0.1.6","State":"Init?"}.
    [16:05:45] [Server thread/INFO]: player issued server command: /spawn
    [16:05:45] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] Player player has WDL installed.
    [16:05:45] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] They are located in world spawn, at 9.5, 58.0, 0.5.
    [16:05:45] [Server thread/INFO]: [WDLCompanion] They are running WDL version {"X-RTFM":"http://wiki.vg/Plugin_channels/World_downloader","X-UpdateNote":"The plugin message system will be changing shortly.  Please stay tuned.","Version":"4.0.1.6","State":"Init?"}.

3. To be clearer: the message is generated whenever WDL sends its ping - because I started putting a JSON blob into there instead of just a version string. I don't have an ETA for when the plugin channel changes will be finished... but I can probably update this plugin so that the message extracts the version (and maybe state) parts and hides the other parts (which are more there for other people who are trying to implement these channels).

• Like Like x 1
  4. pokechu22 updated World Downloader API / WDLCompanion with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.4

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. hey pokechu, i started having problems with my server with WDL can you explain me how this plugin blocks it?

6. It processes and responds to the plugin messages the mod sends (intentionally for the purpose of permission handling).

7. Is there a way of blocking it completaly ? Like so they wont be able to download at all ? And even better kick them if they try to log with WDL? (If needed i can pay you some money for this since i dont want my map leadked)

8. That's antithetical to the purpose of this plugin.

When this plugin is configured in request mode, they cannot download until after you approve the request. That serves the purpose you are looking for. I do not want to kick players (it's a horrible user experience since you can't even e.g. see the rules of the server, which is why the plugin is designed the way it is!).

Flat-out blocking means that if someone has a reason to ask for permission, they won't ask you; they'll ask me (and I don't like dealing with that). Allowing players to request gives you more control than directly blocking it. Granted, you might never have a reason to approve a permission request, but you might be surprised (for instance, someone might want to make a render of a small part of the world and you can grant them permission to have the needed chunks for that render only).

For ethical reasons, I do not accept money in any way related to this plugin or the mod itself.

9. I'm really lost
    What configuration can I use for the player to request permission to download the world?

10. Set "canDownloadInGeneral" to false and specify a requestMessage. When canDownloadInGeneral is false, it'll put the mod into request mode. You can also set the other properties to false, but since properties are inherited simply disabling is enough to put the mod in request mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. This plugin is blocking all wdl clients like Cracked (Edited but idk how) WDL?

12. It addresses all versions that send the appropriate plugin messages. The client can be modified to ignore this, but redistribution of such versions is a violation of the license (MMPLv2 prohibits redistribution of modified and unmodified versions) and I can issue takedowns if I'm PM'd (though those sites may not comply with them unfortunately).

However this plugin is designed such that there is no need to modify it if you (the player) have a valid use because you can just submit an in-mod request, so using it correctly is a way to stop such versions.

13. Does this work on 1.13 or will it need an update?

14. It'll need an update due to how plugin channels were changed for 1.13; I'm working on updating it currently.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. pokechu22 updated World Downloader API / WDLCompanion with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Cool, 1.13 support, let's see how this goes.

17. Hello, support 1.14?^^