Spigot WorldEditSelectionVisualizer [1.7.10-1.17] 2.0.8

Visualize your WorldEdit selection with particles and without any mod.

1. ZathrusWriter submitted a new resource:

WorldEditSelectionVisualizer - A server-side WorldEditCUI mod using particles to show WorldEdit selected regions.

Read more about this resource...

2. Awesome and very helpful plugin:) Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have two questions:
    Is the selection client specific or visible to everyone?
    And if it isn't visible to everyone, could you make it so it is?
    That would be good for showing your friend how to do things using WorldEdit, so your plugin would gain an educational purpouse.

Also, (which wasn't visible in your screenshots) is it possible to just display the lines between the points of a cuboid selection?
    One of your screenshots shows that a cuboid selection has several lines on each side, not just the lines which enclose the cuboid.

4. By design, WorldEdit selections are player-specific. I would suggest using screen sharing application (Skype, TeamViewer) for educational purposes, as this is not the original purpose of this plug-in and I'm not even sure this would benefit a large community of players.

As for selections themselves, I would suggest to have a read about non-cuboid selections here: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Selection#Selection_modes
    This plug-in basically just highlights whatever selection you make with WorldEdit.

5. not work on PaperSpigot

6. Can you post the error and PaperSpigot version?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Code (Text):
    This server is running CraftBukkit version git-PaperSpigot-e0cb11b-07c3001 (MC: 1.8.8) (Implementing API version 1.8.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    i not have error, paperspigot disable all particles, this is the problem.

8. I'll have a look into that. In the meanwhile, have you tried if ProtocolLib would solve this, if it's compatible with PaperSpigot at all?

• Like Like x 1
  9. yey, works, very thanks : )

• Like Like x 1
  10. Can you add a option when leaving the server that the particles dissappear and reappear when you join the server thanks

11. That's exactly how it works for me. Does it work different for you? Those particles are not really on the server, they are virtual and only shown to the player making a WorldEdit selection. Thus, they will "disappear" once you log out, as there is no such client to look at them. But they don't stay on the server, since that's where they never been.

12. Just upgraded my server to 1.9 and the World Edit Selection Visualizer 1.4.2 works fine

• Like Like x 1
  13. update this plugin to 1.9 :)

14. This plug-in works with 1.9 without update.

15. Could you please fix the metrics?
    Code (Text):
    [13:33:59 WARN]: org.apache.commons.lang.UnhandledException: Plugin WorldEditSelectionVisualizer v1.4.2 generated an exception while executing task 8
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:56)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getOnlinePlayers()[Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;
            at com.rojel.wesv.Metrics.postPlugin(Metrics.java:335)
            at com.rojel.wesv.Metrics.access$400(Metrics.java:57)
            at com.rojel.wesv.Metrics$1.run(Metrics.java:223)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:71)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:53)
            ... 3 more

16. Thanks for reporting this. I've updated Metrics to the latest version. However, when I was trying this on the latest 1.9 CraftBukkit build, I couldn't replicate it. If you could let me know whether the updated fixed this for you, that'd be awesome :)

17. Thanks for updating this Plugin

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hello, i just was one of the first to switch to Spigot version 1.10, and although a lot of plugins automatically did work, a lot also did not. As for your plugin, the visualization is gone, the messages that first and last position was taken is still there.

I have every second a error message, i'll paste one of them here...
    Code (Text):
    [19:35:02 WARN]: [WorldEditSelectionVisualizer] Task #28 for WorldEditSelectionV
    isualizer v1.4.2 generated an exception
    com.darkblade12.particleeffect.ParticleEffect$ParticlePacket$VersionIncompatible
    Exception: Your current bukkit version seems to be incompatible with this librar
    y
            at com.darkblade12.particleeffect.ParticleEffect$ParticlePacket.initiali
    ze(ParticleEffect.java:378) ~[?:?]
            at com.darkblade12.particleeffect.ParticleEffect$ParticlePacket.<init>(P
    articleEffect.java:337) ~[?:?]
            at com.darkblade12.particleeffect.ParticleEffect.display(ParticleEffect.
    java:176) ~[?:?]
            at com.darkblade12.particleeffect.ParticleEffect.display(ParticleEffect.
    java:180) ~[?:?]
            at com.rojel.wesv.ParticleSender$1.run(ParticleSender.java:75) ~[?:?]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_10_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.jav
    a:71) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-da278d1-b2f31b7]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_10_R1.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHe
    artbeat(CraftScheduler.java:350) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-da278d1-b2f31b7]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_10_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:
    741) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-da278d1-b2f31b7]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_10_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:
    399) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-da278d1-b2f31b7]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_10_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:
    672) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-da278d1-b2f31b7]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_10_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.jav
    a:571) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-da278d1-b2f31b7]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_91]
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.server.v1_10_R1.Packe
    t63WorldParticles
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:91) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-da278d1-b2f31b7]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:86) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-da278d1-b2f31b7]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
            at com.darkblade12.particleeffect.ReflectionUtils$PackageType.getClass(R
    eflectionUtils.java:244) ~[?:?]
            at com.darkblade12.particleeffect.ParticleEffect$ParticlePacket.initiali
    ze(ParticleEffect.java:371) ~[?:?]
            ... 11 more
    So, because these error messages raise my processor load, i'll have to unload it from my server and hope you'll find the problem...

Thanks...

#20 Mr_Killer01, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1