Spigot WorldEditSelectionVisualizer [1.7.10-1.17] 2.1.0

Visualize your WorldEdit selection with particles and without any mod.

1. I would love to use this, as WECUI is as dead as liteloader, but it spams my console with this error when I make a selection. Running Worldedit 7.0.0, Beta 2.

Code (Text):
    [22:59:52] [Server thread/WARN]: [WESV] Task #158 for WorldEditSelectionVisualizer v1.6.1 generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sk89q.worldedit.regions.Region.getMinimumPoint()Lcom/sk89q/worldedit/Vector;
        at com.rojel.wesv.ShapeHelper.getVectorsFromRegion(ShapeHelper.java:37) ~[?:?]
        at com.rojel.wesv.WorldEditSelectionVisualizer.showSelection(WorldEditSelectionVisualizer.java:132) ~[?:?]
        at com.rojel.wesv.WorldEditHelper.run(WorldEditHelper.java:46) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:81) ~[spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1f2566-282dad1]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:391) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1f2566-282dad1]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:893) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1f2566-282dad1]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:417) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1f2566-282dad1]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:835) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1f2566-282dad1]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:733) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1f2566-282dad1]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_121]

2. For the moment on 1.13 the plugin only work with WorldEdit 7.0.0 Beta 1

3. Is there an eta for an update?

4. Not for the moment, need lot of changes

5. FYI:
    I get the least amount of lag with; particleEffect: end_rod

6. btw FAWE now has a built-in we cui, making this plugin not really useful for FAWE(just letting you know)

7. Yes I known, the FAWE CUI is really good, but it only works with cuboid selection, and you need to be on 1.9 or higher :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. would there be a possibility for a config option with which I could specify WESV to work only on non-cuboid selections so I can combine it nicely with FAWE's beautiful cuboid selection?

9. I will see to add this in the next update

• Like Like x 1
  10. I am not the first to be negative, but while we are working with 1.13.2, I noticed WorldEditCUI-1.3.jar works far better out of the box then yours.
    I had this jail, huge one, for about 12 * 12 cellblocks including recreation rooms on every wing and an outer field where the inmates could breathe fresh air, thus I had this defined earlier in worldedit and wanted to NPC POLICE it a bit more to standard jail. Your plugin, when I selected the region, OMG, LAG!!!! really not fun, as you make every block outlined, maybe only the outer rims are best choice.... I used your plugin way back before, and the bigger the selection, the harder it was to stay lagg-less. So, I just wanted you to know that out of the box, there is need for tuning...
    Ps. Not a bad plugin, but as I said, tuning, it needs desperate tuning...

11. Ok thanks, I will see to improve the default configuration to reduce lags :)

12. PhanaticD

Patron

13. I never got server side lags before (I don’t test with many players), I will look how I can reduce it, Thanks :)

14. PhanaticD

Patron

I managed to track it down myself, there are two issues is in the compareRegion function

you use Object.equals(region1, region2) before the check if they are null, so if they are both null, then it will return true, which you dont want

once I moved that check below the null checks, I realized that it never actually will return true, maybe its a bug in worldedit or something I dont know, but I changed it to
    region1.toString().equals(region2.toString()
    since the tostring prints out the corners for regions, and it fixed that check, so the iterator section of that function never got reached unncessarily.

this seems to have fixed the lag from initial testing

15. If the both regions are null, it should return true, so the plugin don't update the selection and call the WorldEditSelectionChangeEvent

Thanks, I willl change the region comparaison to add comparaison using toString() :)

16. PhanaticD

Patron

oh okay i see