1.15.2 WorldGuard API Custom Regions

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by LinuxSquare, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Hey folks of the Spigot-Community

Right now, I'm trying to create a plugin using the WorldGuard 7 and WorldEdit 7 API.
    In this plugin, I'm trying to create a cityregion plugin with towns, districts and home-regions.

In order to work properly, I thought, I could create a custom class, that's extending the `ProtectedCuboidRegion.class` with an additional attribute called "areatype", which I will set with the constructor and get the value using a get-method.

Code (Java):
    import com.sk89q.worldedit.math.BlockVector3;
    import com.sk89q.worldguard.protection.regions.ProtectedCuboidRegion;

public class CityRegions extends ProtectedCuboidRegion {

private String areatype;

public CityRegions(String areatype, String id, BlockVector3 pt1, BlockVector3 pt2) {
            super(id, pt1, pt2);
            this.areatype = areatype;
        }

public String getAreaType() {
            return this.areatype;
        }

}

But when I tried to call all regions out of the `ApplicableRegionSet` within a foreach loop using my `CityRegions.java` class,
    Code (Java):
    ApplicableRegionSet ars = regionmanager.getApplicableRegions(pl.getLocation().toVector().toBlockPoint());

for (CityRegions region : ars ) {
    }
    my IDE told me,
    Code (Text):
    Type mismatch: cannot convert from element type ProtectedRegion to ProtectedCuboidRegion
    After this, I tried to extend the `ProtectedRegion` Class and noticed, that it wasn't possible, because the class was abstract.

The last thing I tried was, to cast the `ars` variable as a `ProtectedCuboidRegion`. Well, it didn't work either, that's why I'm asking you. My IDE told me once again:
    Code (Text):
    Can only iterate over an array or an instance of java.lang.Iterable
    Shouldn't be the `ProtectedCuboidRegion` iterable aswell, because it's extending `ProtectedRegion`?

Now my question is, how do I create a custom region, which I can use within a foreach loop with the `ApplicableRegionSet` to get the type of the my region, or is it possible to convert the `ProtectedRegion` inside the `ApplicableRegionSet` to `ProtectedCuboidRegions`?

I need those, to create an if (or switch) statement, so I can print the correct message to the player like
    Code (Text):

Region Info
    Town: Town-Name
    List of Owners
    List of Members

I hope someone can help me with my problem. :)

Greets LinuxSquare