Solved WorldGuard API for 1.13?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Jagerborn, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Hello

I am having some problems getting the WorldGuard API to work on 1.13 plugins.

The only way I can get both WorldEdit and WorldGuard to work on a 1.13 spigot server is by using the latest experimental development builds from http://www.enginehub.org/. The problem in this case is that my plugins are not able to use the WorldGuard API like it used to be able to.

I can use an older version of WorldGuard to make the API work again but older versions of WorldEdit does not work. I would prefer updating and being able to use both WorldGuard and WorldEdit on a 1.13 server.

Specifically, I used the WorldGuard API to get regions in a certain location and check for a flag value.

I used to be able to do this to check if PvP was enabled at a location:
    Code (Text):
    public static boolean canPvPHere(Location location) {

RegionContainer container = Main.getWorldGuard().getRegionContainer();
            RegionQuery query = container.createQuery();
            ApplicableRegionSet set = query.getApplicableRegions(location);

return set.allows(DefaultFlag.PVP);
    }
    This does not work on the latest version of WorldGuard

Any ideas on how I can do this with the latest version of WorldGuard?

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Solution below

#1 Jagerborn, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. They completely changed the internal structure of the plugins, whatever "API" may have existed before is now changed. There is no clean way to support pre-WG7 and WG7 together.

If you really need to be able to do that, you have the same basic options as using NMS: reflection or multi-module. I'd suggest avoiding this, assuming you're updating your plugin for 1.13 anyway it probably won't be backwards compatible, in which case just update it to use the WG7/WE7 API.

The main thing that has changed is how to get a RegionManager- you need to use WorldGuard.getPlatform().getRegionContainer().get(World). That and you need to use BukkitAdapter.adapt(...) to convert Bukkit classes to WorldEdit classes (Location, World, etc). WorldGuardPlugin.wrapPlayer is still needed to get a LocalPlayer, not sure why that one's not in BukkitAdapter but maybe just a temporary oversight.

Most of the rest of the changes should be pretty obvious if you've got a decent IDE, it'll help you update packages. Mostly everything has moved to non-Bukkit-specific packages.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Thanks for pointing that out, so the only way for 1.13- support is too drop worldedit from my plugins.

Do you maybe know if is there WE 7 java doc anywhere?

4. No idea on the javadoc, sorry. I just look through the code from their github repo. I honestly don't get the impression they really have an API, or at least not one they care not to break between major versions.

But no you can 100% support WE7 and 1.13 at the same time.

What's more challenging is to support both WE6/1.12 (or lower) and WE7/1.13 in the same plugin version.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you NathanWolf for the help.

I was able to solve this issue. First I removed all my previous imports in the plugin.

For example:
    import com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.RegionContainer;

was updated to:
    import com.sk89q.worldguard.protection.regions.RegionContainer;

After that, it is much easier to play around with the plugin and see what works. This is the working code for the original example:
    Code (Text):
    public static boolean canPvPHere(Location location) {
            RegionContainer container = com.sk89q.worldguard.WorldGuard.getInstance().getPlatform().getRegionContainer();
            RegionQuery query = container.createQuery();
            ApplicableRegionSet set = query.getApplicableRegions(BukkitAdapter.adapt(location));
            return set.testState(null, new StateFlag[] { Flags.PVP });
    }

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Oh I guess I could've been nice and shared some code too :D

Yes, this is ugly AF but if you really need to support both versions, this is what I'm using:

https://github.com/elBukkit/MagicPl...ers/mine/bukkit/protection/WorldGuardAPI.java

You could probably take most of that and use it as-is, just strip out the flag-specific stuff that's just for my plugin. It supports queries for build, pvp and exit permissions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1