Spigot WorldGuard Fix 1.7.3

Adds missing 1.9 protections to WorldGuard

1. Kakifrucht submitted a new resource:

WorldGuard Fix - Adds missing 1.9 protections to WorldGuard

Read more about this resource...

2. Disabling chorus fruit planned?

3. Unsure honestly, there is still an open ticket on WorldGuard's tracker (here), however I'm not exactly sure how people would want this to be implemented. Globally? Via flag? Via config node? And if it is via flag, should teleporting be entirley disabled while the player is in the region or should it only not move somewhere else inside that region, but outside?

4. Yeah that's my ticket. Just like the enderpearl flag actually to block the use of it in certain regions. If they get teleported out of the region or not at all doesn't matter. ^^

Can't you actually make pull requests for WorldGuard to see if they merge it?

5. Yeah I don't like WorldGuard's codebase at all. Also it's a hassle fixing the current code, I just took the easier route.
    I will see what I can do about chorus fruits.

#6 Kakifrucht, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  6. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

I just finished my own method for preventing harmful lingering potion effects in non-pvp regions before finding your plugin and thought you might be interested in implementing my solution or something similar to it.

Also can you add config options for each of your fixes as people like myself who already run some custom solution might want to disable on or another features ;)

7. Checked out your code, besides some small differences in how you query and behavioural differences (only deny harmful effects, do not deny effectcloud entirely, check PvP flag instead of potion splash flag etc.) I don't really see a reason. I try to only fix what WorldGuard lacks, and I'm pretty sure the way I already implemented it is how WorldGuard would manage it itself.

About config, I really don't want to add one to keep this as drop and go as possible. Which checks in particular would be problematic for you, maybe we can find a more elegant solution.

8. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Well my check also blocks harmful effects of lingering potions when a player threw it in a non-pvp-zone which you don't do as far as I can tell. (You only check for the splash potion flag)

Also I don't see how a config with every fix enabled by default would stop it from being "drop and go". The checks I'm most concerned about are the frost walker (As I don't see how it would be a problem in protected regions) and the boat checks (It stops players from placing boats in all regions unless they can build there which is kinda annoying if you for example have a protected spawn island. Also the lilypad one doesn't consider the owner of the region.)

Don't feel forced to implement any changes just because of me 'though, I'm capable of creating and running my own solution/fix wg directly, just thought others might benefit from my thoughts on the topic.

#13 Phoenix616, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. You are right, forgot about that! Will add it.

I don't want to add a custom config file by default, I was thinking of adding a command which will then generate the config on demand, if some checks need to be disabled.

Thanks for your feedback!

10. Kakifrucht updated WorldGuard Fix with a new update entry:

Toggle checks

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have an error using world guard in 1.9.2 :( PVP flags dont work nor do pistons? Anyone able to give me help with sorting this out?

12. Not really the place to ask for WorldGuard support, if you don't have an issue with this plugin.

13. Throwing errors..Any Concern?
    [21:35:52] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event AreaEffectCloudApplyEvent to WorldGuardFix v1.6
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:310) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callAreaEffectCloudApplyEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:1024) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.EntityAreaEffectCloud.m(EntityAreaEffectCloud.java:275) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1612) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.World.g(World.java:1587) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.World.tickEntities(World.java:1421) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.WorldServer.tickEntities(WorldServer.java:630) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:792) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:400) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:660) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:559) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at de.halfminer.worldguardfix.Listeners.disableCloudEffect(Listeners.java:124) ~[?:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-e6f93f4-ed60c01]
    ... 14 more

14. Do you have any custom plugins that mess with potion data of lingering potions or just in general? Having difficulties thinking of a scenario where a NullPointer occurs there..
    This can only happen with potions that have no effect, those are by default not throwable though.

#20 Kakifrucht, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016