WorldGuard just bringing on the lag spikes

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by treestompz, May 4, 2013.

1. Don't tell me you are running WorldGuard in SQL, are you?

2. Is it bad to run worldguard in sql or something?

3. It is, (Unless sk89q has fixed it), horribly optimized in SQL.

4. Oh damn, I was planning on running a server I am about to open on worldguard sql. I guess I will have to use flatfile.

5. The flatfile is perfectly fine if you don't have too many regions.

Currently my server uses WG and with my Xeon E3-1245 processor I am maintaining 5,000 regions and can handle 125-175 players without any lag generated.

Anytime a player creates or deletes an island a WG region is either created or erased.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. I am going to be running multiple instances of the same server, it would be nice to only have to make changes to the regions once, that way if I do it on one server it updates on all of them.

7. WorldGuard with SQL is buggy as hell, go for flatfile and make an external script that copies the regions

8. How would I go about doing that?

9. I am using flatfile, this error blows ass -_- Whenever it happens it hangs the server for 20 seconds and kicks everyone ;(

10. I am running WG Build 843 and Spigot 844. My server heavily depends on WG and I am not seeing any issues whatsoever.

11. Make one in BASH or make a plugin that does it for you.
    cp path/to/file path/to/file

12. Alright I will dig further into this tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.

13. I have a ridiculously huge amount of regions and I am also using ProtectionStones (plugin that uses worldguard for protections) so I am not sure if it has something to do with that :/

14. I'm on 842 (second most recent.) I will update later when I reboot although I don't see any changes in 843 that are relevant.

15. How many regions you talkin?

16. Puremin0rez

Same setup as you, I'm at 92k regions and not getting the slightest of lag when adding or removing regions - so I'm not sure what's up with yours.

Also using Flatfile, MySQL for WorldGuard was pretty bad. Major pauses every-time a region was added / removed.

17. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

treestompz Does this happen to be a Skyblock server?