Spigot WorldReset [Plugin + API] | Outdated! 1.0.9_last

Simply reset a world without restarting your Server! [+ API]

1. GoldenGamerZone submitted a new resource:

WorldReset [Plugin + API] - Simply reset a world without restarting your Server! + API

Read more about this resource...

2. Good API! Thanks, for sharing.

3. does this save gamerule keepInventory true etc settings of the world when doing world resets?

4. No, sorry, but I will fix that on my next release :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Well.
    For the API, you should seriously change it.
    DoWhatYouWant? Really? Make it look good. Make it WorldReset.resetWorld(p.getLocation().getWorld());

6. Changed it. :)

7. Oh!
    Okay!
    I thought you meant the API was actually WorldReset.DoWhatYouWant();
    :p
    Thanks for changing it for dumb people like me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Good API, can you Update an restart command to restart the World yet ?

9. i see in another similar plugin that there's issues resetting the default created server worlds... is this the case here too? i will test soon

10. what i really wanted was gamerules saved during resets, not during saves... i actually assumed a world save would save gamerule right... and wanted to know about resets, because ive wanted to auto reset the end world on a schedule possibly but, not when it removes the gamerules and need to set them manually...

if you cant do this to this plugin
    maybe just find a way for me to auto type in mv gamerule keepInventory true WorldName after i get a plugin to reset a world?

hmm.. so what does resetting a world keep? the seed and the world name? and all the generation settings?
    i wonder if you have gamerules already saved in there, or if you might wanna implement that..
    would it be wierd at all to also keep the gamerules?
    like, i dont think anyone ever resets a world with the desire to have all the gamerules back to default... right .. :)

how would i go about reloading a saved world once a week? instead of resetting, i might want to reload a saved world with a spawn build etc.

lastly,
    will my worldguard regions still be there after a restart? or would i need to back them up?

11. What do you mean with "restart the world"? o_O

12. So, when you reset a world, you want to have the gamerules of the world which has been replaced and not the gamerules of the save?

And, what do you mean with "reloading a world"? I dont understand that. ^^
    If it is what I understand, it's already what you want ;) When you 'reset' a world, you will replace the current world with the saved world.

And don't worry, your Worldguard regions will stay alive :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. oops i'm sorry, i didn't understand the plugin fully
    i was thinking i had the power to just totally reset any world to default, but now i see that there needs to be a world saved for to be able to reset the world to that saved version.
    okay cool so, now you made it so it saves gamerules too, good stuff! :) that seems important, and was exactly what i needed still :)
    so now i have the power to make an easily regenable end world :D just gotta make spawn, make regions, border, set gamerules, etc, then save the world and RESET when destroyed XD
    hmmm... ender dragon portal creation on after world reset? :p maybe even ender dragon block damage! but enderman block pickups for sure ;P
    thanks for the great plugin/support GGZ:)

one more thing, can you change
    "Reset a world, which have been saved before" to
    "Reset a world, which has been saved before" :)

#14 ChillerKraft, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  14. Sorry for that kind of english, I'm just a german guy :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. yea. i envy you for working with different languages
    trying to learn other languages sickens me.
    like... ;isdfsilfdjkdfgdflkgdfl;k!!!! [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh!!! |FEJSld!!! u knowwwww!!!!!!! hsdkjhjkflsd:!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ldfsjldksjflksjflkjLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JFJHDSKLJFLKSDJLFKJDLSKJDLKJLKJL!K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. i think i might need to re implement the plugin and resave the worlds and test the reset again but for now i'll send you my errors i just got when i tried again with the updated version
    http://pastebin.com/8Hhie1xQ

got this after deleting the save and trying to make another save
    http://pastebin.com/CbNA9J8r

seems to work fine after removing plugin info and readding it all :)
    must have been a problem with the world save or somethin from previous version

#19 ChillerKraft, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  17. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

I like this idea. Until now, I've been resetting the world from my own saved pristine copy, but I stop the server first, which is the whole point of this plugin. However, I cannot use it yet: see below.

First, please add descriptive logging for each save. Something like what was saved, where, etc.

Now the problem: In my Spigot 1.8.7/WE/WG/PEX/MV/LuckyBlock environment (all latest pulls), WorldReset 1.0.2 saves and resets without log errors. However, when I enter the saved world, I get serious errors:

[10:29:34] [Server thread/WARN]: [LuckyBlock] Task #716 for LuckyBlock v1.5 generated an exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot measure distance between world_luckyblock and world_luckyblock

at org.bukkit.Location.distanceSquared(Location.java:456) ~[spigot-1.8.7.jar-2015-06-09:git-Spigot-44c59bf-1880a9c]

at com.LuckyBlock.Resources.ParticleEffect$ParticlePacket.sendTo(ParticleEffect.java:1518) ~[?:?]

at com.LuckyBlock.Resources.ParticleEffect.display(ParticleEffect.java:572) ~[?:?]

These seem to cycle between various tasks. I am the only player in the world. There are some small (1x1) lava pits, which I assume account for the particle effects; no other particles active, afaik. I can give a complete log if you need for investigation.

Please advise.

• Informative Informative x 1